DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Vanion

The Blade's End Tavern

Welcome to

Blades-End_zps215b738a.jpg

As you walk down the torch lit, stone paved pathway with dark forest on all sides, you hear the sounds of levity coming from ahead. Rounding a bend in the path, the brightly lit windows of a three-story tavern can be clearly seen. The building, looking ancient but well cared for, is surrounded by large columns, supporting a large stone balcony upon which other revelers can be espied. Overhanging the large double doors of age worn oak, a polished brass sign reading, "The Blade's End Tavern" is clearly visible in the reflected light of two ornate lanterns hanging on both sides.

Music can be heard floating down the path and the laughter of the Tavern's patrons seems to pull at you, causing your feet to carry you forward without thought.

Pushing open the large double doors, you find a large common room with massive, marble faced fireplaces at either side of the room. In addition to the numerous tables, occupied by some of the Tavern's patrons, there is also a well stocked bar lining the wall directly across from the entrance. Padded, red leather arm chairs are situated around the fireplaces, some vacant, some occupied by people either reading a book quietly, borrowed from the overflowing library on the third floor, or playing a game of Stones with friends.

The atmosphere of the The Blade's End offers an inviting warmth, and the extraordinary oil fueled chandelier hanging from a solid oak beam running the length of the ceiling provides excellent lighting. You simply can't help but feeling as though you've finally found a place of true solace.

Many of the patrons seems to bristle with weaponry, and move with the deadly grace of hunting cats, making it abundantly clear that The Blade's End is frequented by many Warders and those in training. A closer look also reveals the presence of a number of Aes Sedai. Some with their Warders, and others alone, with friends, or maybe even potential Warders.

At The Blade's End, Warders can be found rubbing shoulders with Algai, Aspirants, Aes Sedai, Novices and Accepted. Here is a place where titles are meaningless and the hierarchy of the Tower is put aside. All are welcome.

Edited by Elgee

Sitting in a quiet corner of the Tavern, her shoes kicked off and feet tucked under her, Elgee takes a sip from the glass of Two Rivers apple brandy cradled in her hand. Her eyes are glued to the book she found in the extensive library, entitled How to Gentle a Man who can Channel, Without Cutting him off from the One Power.

"Bollocks," she mutters under her breath at one stage, then sits quietly reading a few more pages until a blush starts to suffuse her face. "This was never written by a Brown!" Face still suspiciously rosy, she gulps down her brandy, chokes a bit and then signals faintly for the barman to refill her glass.

Loran sits right behind Elgee and reads with amusement over her shoulder. He can't help chuckling at Elgee's reaction. "Honestly... want kind of books are you reading these days?" Loran asks between sips of hot chocolate.

Sits on the edge of the table in front of Elgee, trying not to burst into peels of laughter at the feelings coming through the Bond as she reads the book. His own volume of "Essays of the Blademasters" sitting forgotten beside him as he trails his fingertip around the rim of a pint of ale.

You really should have considered one of the books I recommended you read, Elgee.

Turns to Loran and nods to him.

So, what do you think of our "little" Tavern?

Snaps the book shut with a gasp then glares at Van. You could have told me he's right behind me!  Can't keep the glare up for very long, as the feelings of mirth coming through the bond start to affect her.

Grinning wickedly at Van, she opens the book at a certain page and hands it to him. Still think I shouldn't have picked this book, Warder mine?

Sipping her apple brandy, she sits back to hear what Loran has to say, occasionally shooting glances between her lashes at Vanion.

Loran grins and nods back to Vanion.

I is certainly impressed. I'm especially loving that bit near the end... wonderful. It's go a nice atmosphere going and the style of discussion is distinctive at the moment.

Loran chuckles as he gets a glimpse of the page just before she hands the book to Vanion. He can't wwait to see Vanions reaction.

Honestly Elgee. Of all pages you have to show him that one. It'll be amusing though so I'm not complaining.

Glances over the page and grins

You should see the picture on page 193.

Hands the book back to Elgee while still grinning

But yes, the place certainly has a distinguished feel to it at the moment. I am sure that's likely to change though, which is fine. I think we'll put the pool of jello in the corner over there for Friday Night Aes Sedai Wrestling!

Turns to page 193, making sure Loran can't see it, then goes a bit goggle eyed when she spots the picture. Snaps the book shut again. Fans self and steals a few sips of Van's ale.

Friday night Aes Sedai wrestling? Snorts. You might have more luck with the novices  :P

By the way, I'm out of baby oil - think you can swing by the TV store and pick me up some? Smiles sweetly at Van.

Loran amuses himself watching Elgee's reaction. He bursts out laughing when she goes goggle eyed and laughs even harder when she starts fanning herself.

Good entertainment.

Loran munches on some chocolate-chip cookies as he drinks his hot chocolate. Outside rain falls making him glad to be in the warmth of the tavern. He watches with rapt attention and childish delight as drops of rain run down the windows. The soothing sound of the rain can be heard in the background as the people in the tavern chat or read.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure some of the Aes Sedai can be... convinced to let down their hair and have a good time with the Jello.

Glances curiously at Elgee.

Baby oil? Tv store? You are on a roll!  :D

No worries, Elgee. The rooms on the second floor of the Tavern are fully stocked with everything you could possibly need.

Grins again as he lets that fact sink in for Elgee

Looks at Van with one raised eyebrow, lips twitching a bit. You don't say? And will you give me a guided tour later? Of the ... second floor?

By the way, is there anything to eat in this here Tavern? Draws little fangs in the condensation on Van's ale glass, stealing sips when he's not looking.

Plenty of food. Lack of cooks.

I figure if we can drag Cairos in here, he'll do the cooking!  :D

I CAN cook something other than curry, you know! Like paella ... ok maybe I should entice Cairos here  ;D

Disentangles her belt pouch from Van's leg, digs into it for her Calling Ter'Angreal, and presses a button on it. There we go  :D

Loran decides he should explore the second floor in detail sometime.

We should put the Jello in the basement. After all the basement is undoubtedly the best place to wrestle, spar, duel, exercise, fist fight e.t.c Nicely stocked with weapons too for anyone who wants to practice or challenge someone to a duel.

lol... you don't have to take it outside in this tavern. You have to take it to the base(ment).  :D

Drools at the thought of delicious food.

I is loving this place.

Guest Cairos

Cairos picks up his Ter'Angreal cellphone. It seems that his bonded Elgee is calling him. Cairos picks up the call.

Hello Elgee. How are you doing today? What can I do for you?

Cairos waits for Elgee's reply.

Yo bro! There's this new Tavern in town, down by the Ren'Shai, and we were wondering ... well ... puts on wheedling tone ... if you weren't doing anything, this place has a GREAT kitchen ...

Guest Cairos

A new tavern with a new kitchen. :o

Hell yeah! I'm on my way!

Cairos channels himself to the Tavern. He appears behind Elgee and surprised her

So where is this great kitchen that you told me about?

Points Cairos in the direction of the kitchen, through a door behind the bar

Right back there, Cairos. It's got everything you need. The pantry and cold rooms are fully stocked.

Shrieks like a girl and jumps onto Van's lap, almost upsetting his ale. Sheesh, Cairos! lol ...

Guest Cairos

Awesome! Thanks Van!!!

I can make whatever you want. Do you want to make the menu or should I?

Cairos ponders on the menu and the drinks

Loran watches the on goings with interest. He laughs out loud when Elgee skrieks like the girl she is and jumps on Vanion's lap.

How cute.  :D

Chugs back his ale before it gets spilled!

Whew! That could have been bad!

Luckily this isn't the BoTRH otherwise it could certainly have been worse.  :P

Loran makes his way over to a pretty novice sitting at the bar. A few moment later they are laughing and chatting happily.

Life is good!