DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm newish, and I'm just now digging into DM...

Taryntula

Hi there!

My name is Taryn (username, "taryntula"...get it?), and I'm newish to DM...I used to sneak around wotmania but recently (since the end of wotmania) have been lurking (which makes my username ironic?) around checking forums and such on DM; until now, I have stayed safely to the sidelines...but I want to get involved and do some forum posting! Been a fan of WoT (the first 5 or 6 books got me through long hours of Art History classes in college) for probably 6 years now. Done one re-read, planning on doing one in 2010 before the next installment. I have a BA in photography, been married 1.5 years, love classic rock, and am an avid reader of all genres, but mostly fantasy. I also just fulfilled my life-long dream of visiting Ireland...and it was amazing!

Thanks DM, for giving us WoT fans a place to play!

Hi Taryn and welcome to Dragonmount!  Before I get into my blurb about how cool DM, let me say ROCK ON about going to Ireland.  I've always wanted to visit too.  I had family from Ireland some generations back and it's sorta a pilgrimage I'd like to take eventually.  I'd love to hear about your trip!

That said...

This place is huge but hopefully you'll find whatever you're looking for with ease.  We have discussions on the books (with and without spoilers so watch for notices about that), discussions on the movie, on the video game...

We have organizations (called orgs) that are named after the groups in randland who group site members according to their real life interests to you can meet and hang out with fellow fans who have something in common with you.

And, of course, we have the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone World (DRPSW) in which you can create a character to interact in a world like that in Jordan's books.  Make an Aiel, Aes Sedai, White Cloak... whatever!  (Psst... I got cookies if you join the Blue Ajah *wink*)

Whatever you're looking for, DM probably has it in the way of fan stuff.  Don't forget to fan DM on facebook and follow on twitter ... I find the "Ask the Chosen" particularly funny.

I'm here if you're looking to chat or want an rp partner! 

Happy Holidays and WELCOME!

• 2 weeks later...

I know. ::)

:D

I usually 'battle' Miya for newbies attention, but I just wasn't in the mood. And I absolutely had to post first. ;D

P.S. I do Irish accents. And as I write this I am using it to sound out what I am typing and it just sounds weird. :D

Welcome, Taryn!! Just to give you warm-all-over, everyone-loves-me-here feeling I'm going to let you in on a game I'm starting...Toe stomping!!!

*stomps on Taryn's toes and dashes out of the room*

EDIT: Anyone can join. Just go to the Shayol Ghul forum and read the TOE STOMPING CONTEST thread. Good stomping to you ALL!!

Hey now! My toes didn't do anything to you! Pick on toes your own size!

Irish accents make EVERYTHING sound better...ha ha!

And a REAL tarantula? Or is it a hairy spider? Make sure that cage is securely fastened...wouldn't want to wake up with spidey in the bed! *wink*

Hey now! My toes didn't do anything to you! Pick on toes your own size!

Irish accents make EVERYTHING sound better...ha ha!

And a REAL tarantula? Or is it a hairy spider? Make sure that cage is securely fastened...wouldn't want to wake up with spidey in the bed! *wink*

Well I wouldn't mind waking up to a Taryntula in my bed... ;)

However, I do have a real spider, and she is very friendly.

Hello or cona ata tu

Where'd you head to in Ireland. To be honest why do people want to visit Ireland. Its fairly average out of all the places you could visit. It could just be that I live here and Im sick of the sight of the place. Ah im only kidding its pretty darn amazing agus an aimsir go brea, uaireanta. Slan agus thar teigh me, failte go dragonmount!

Have fun digging in.  This is the most complicated forum & side boards I've ever encountered.  I'm a long time fan of WoT, but I only used to visit this site to check on release dates.

If you learned any secret passcodes while lurking, be sure and share a little, huh?

You guys crack me up!

Why would I want to visit Ireland? Um...my heritage, freakin' castles and cathedrals everywhere...a history that is ancient not just a few hundred years old, it's green all year long, the people are nice, pints of Guinness everywhere you go...pretty sure there are lots of reasons to visit Ireland, and I enjoyed everyone of them!

Cead Mile Failte! (That's all I know... ;))

My little sister was an Irish dancer for years...and she was darn good! I love that stuff.

Archived