DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Indefinitely Postponing TG?

Wingendosering

Does this bother anybody else?  Every time I read through Winter's Heart, this jumps out at me.

Min's viewing concerning Aviendha's children is hugely important, but she doesn't tell Rand about it.  Why is it so important exactly?  Well, so long as Rand and Avi keep themselves from doing the deed again, Rand can't die.  Or quite possibly, TG simply can't happen.  Aviendha HAS to become pregnant with Rand's children before he dies, or so Min's viewing predicts.

Is Min really too stupid to see the significance of that?  She seems like one smart cookie to me...

Side Note:  Theoretically, since Balefire alters the pattern, couldn't it prevent one of Min's viewings from coming to pass?

There were past threads that talked about this viewing (and its timing).

Actually, the viewing does not tell when Aviendha would become pregnant; only that she will.

If it does not happen before Tarmon Gaidon, that may be an indicator that Rand might become resurrected.

Balefire alters just past events (to a certain point) that were done or caused by its victims.  The point depends on the strength of the balefire.

The only way balefire could prevent a prophecy I think would be if its time overlapped the time the prophecy was predicted (and if its victim was someone involved with the prophecy); I might be wrong about that.

To me, nothing can prevent a true prophecy.  Viewings are one kind of true prophecy.

Firstly Min's views was that there would be something strange about Aviendha's babies--and there are a number of scenarios that fulfil both. I believe in the bodyswap, and that Aviendha will fall pregnant to Rand in Moridin's body. Other versions have been that Min will fall pregnant, and that both she and Elayne will die and Aviendha will raise their children herself, thereby 'having' Rand's babies.

As for Min not considering that unfulfilled viewings meant delaying TG... recall that thanks to Moiraine Min reguards her viewings as potentially fallible. Also nerpherder is correct. RJ stated that Min's ability works by seeing glimers of threads in the pattern (thats how all foretellings work). That things are as yet unwoven wont stop the Dark One because he is not of the Pattern, and intends to break the Pattern.

Rand avoiding prophesized events will not halt the Dark One. He will still break free, shatter the pattern, and thus the prophecies become meaningless.

Archived