DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite Captain

Leatherleaf

Of these, who is your favourite Captain?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, who is your favourite Captain?

• Gareth Bryne
    • Pedron Niall
    • Agelmar Jagad
    • Rodel Ituralde
    • Davram Bashere
    • Mat Cauthon
    • Gawyn Trakand
    • Egeanin Tamarath (or whatever she goes by nowadays...)
    • Tylee Khirgan
    • Talmanes Delovinde
    • Tam Al'Thor
    • Rhuarc
    • Birgitte Silverbow

There's probably others that are potential favourites, and I know Niall is dead, but meh. Comments or additions?

Maybe its just because of how fresh The Gathering Storm is in my mind, but due to his tactics against the Seanchan, Ituralde is my favourite. Mat's a pretty kickass captain too though.

There were at least 4 that I could have chosen. All (Bryne, Iturlude, Cauthon, Bashere) have great qualities, but my choice was Bryne. I just loved his honesty and how he was so loyal to Egwene. Not the Aes Sedai, but Egwene.

If I was to pick someone off the list, it would probably be Tam 'al Thor becuase of the Battle of the Two Rivers and how he helped Perrin in Malden.

Okay, I'm adding more to the list as people suggest them (although some I don't quite think should be on as we haven't seen their battle strategies very much).

On another note, I love Mat, every time I re-read the series I get to like him more and more, but Ituralde still has my vote. I'll concede one problem with Ituralde though, he doesn't have much experience against Darkspawn and their tactics along the Blight, which could be a big problem in Tarmon Gaidon.

As for Bryne, good point Bonzo, I also liked how he was loyal to Egwene. Also, his stipulations for working with the Salidar Aes Sedai in the first place were very human and responsible.

And Diedrichos, Gawyn is on the list for being so emo...ha

Any other suggestions for good captains? I can't even think of any Greenies who are known for their tactics, and they are the supposed Battle Ajah. bah...

I choose Bryne. Its simply because he radiates confidence in such abundance and is sure of what the odds are. Ituralde is my next choice for his work against Seanchan. Mat is awsome but since most of his battle outcomes are taveren luck and his connections to Aelfin I choose him after the above 2.

Archived