DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red Ajah-Logain Plot

Diederichos

I've also wondered about this... How much of those "rumors" were truth, and how much were lies?  Was this the "vileness" after the Aiel war that Cadsuane mentions?  This has never been clear to me.  At times some of the Red Ajah POVs seem to claim that they are nothing but lies (Elaida comes to mind) but could it be that those Red Ajah just weren't involved?  Couldn't Owen (Thom's nephew) be a victim of the "vileness"?

Thanks in advance to whoever clears this up for me.

Here's what I have gathered, I am not 100% so someone feel free to correct me....

"The Vileness" was the Black Ajah killing every boy they could find who could channel trying to eliminate the Dragon Reborn. We know from New Spring that the dark knew the Dragon had been reborn, but not his age.

I beleive the Red's involvement in this was simply that in thier zeal for thier work, they sometimes allowed it to happen. Which is what happened with Owyn.

There was never any truth to the Logain/Red Ajah plot. Suian's thought process in spinning this tale is quite clear, she was using her new found ability to lie to smear the Red Ajah as much as possible to improve the rebels position.

It is an interesting question of what happened with Logain. At one point his only motivation for not laying down and dying was his hope to get revenge on Red sisters. Either he is hiding that rage and hate pretty damn well nowadays, or his regained ability and place amoung the Ashaman and possibility for glory has replaced his petty need for revenge ;)

There was never any truth to the Logain/Red Ajah plot. Suian's thought process in spinning this tale is quite clear, she was using her new found ability to lie to smear the Red Ajah as much as possible to improve the rebels position.

I actually thought this was true. Shows what happens when you read a book, wait a few years, read another book, etc. A lot can slip through the mental cracks.

It is an interesting question of what happened with Logain. At one point his only motivation for not laying down and dying was his hope to get revenge on Red sisters. Either he is hiding that rage and hate pretty damn well nowadays, or his regained ability and place amoung the Ashaman and possibility for glory has replaced his petty need for revenge ;)

Perhaps he thinks bonding Red Ajah and then laying the wood to them pretty regular adequate 'revenge'. Most the guys I know would consider it so.  ::)

Perhaps he thinks bonding Red Ajah and then laying the wood to them pretty regular adequate 'revenge'. Most the guys I know would consider it so.  ::)

Well, Logain never seemed to use this position to force them(the brown sister even said she had to convince him....). And has Logain done the dirty with his Red sister? My current reread has been wonky since TGS forced me to skip some books. I have reread 11 recently, I am in the process of reading 9, but it's been 4 years since I read 10 so I might be wrong, but I don't remember Logain gettin it on with his Red.

But you are probably right in that his control over the Red sister probably does help if he still has resentment for the Red Ajah. I think it's mostly just that Logain returned to power has bigger and better things to worry about then settling an old score.

I have reread 11 recently, I am in the process of reading 9, but it's been 4 years since I read 10 so I might be wrong, but I don't remember Logain gettin it on with his Red.

as far as we're shown, he doesn't get it on... but we don't see or hear much of Toveine (the bonded red)

Archived