DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BACK TO SCHOOL ..memories

twinflower

I love August and September...the smell of newly sharpened pencils..new shoes..fall in the air...

*grins*

I thought it might be fun to take a little walk through time and remember school memories. For this first week..when you think of school what memories come to mind first? Teachers? A class? Shopping for school clothes? School Pictures? Lunchroom? The Bus? What?

The second week: Extra Curricular Activites.

were you a band nerd, a jock..in the chess club?

The third week: the romances and great crushes and loves of your school years...I had a crush on this guy in my sophomore year..he worked at Safeway..ohh and he played the drums....

The Forth week: What did you really learn from K-12?

was it really algebra or how to diagram sentences? Or was it something else?

Dive into your memories Kinsters..and away we go...

NEW CRAYONS!!!!

I love this time of year! I get all excited seeing all the school supplies in the stores...I loved buyin school supplies. Of course in my day they didn't have a walmart with a preprinted list..but you knew you would get new pencils and folders. A new three ring and fresh paper...and crayons. The box of 64 if you were really good...*grins* Silly? Maybe..but i tell you what..I got a new box today..they smell wonderful..and I am happy...for 2.50. That's pretty inexpensive bit of Joy.

Next?.....

oh I still remember my last year in umm, is it juunior high? oh well, I Was 15 and I found the love of my life. *sighs* that is the best schoolyear ever! I remember me and my bf were so different that people began placing bets on how long they thought we were going to be together. the longest bet was for two months I remember. now we have been together for amost 6 years and live together in a great flat in Horten... *grins* i love proving people wrong..

I love school supplies. I just love any kinds of supplies like that, even if I don't need them. I can't go into stationary stores... >< lol I love love love pens. I used to get all kinds of unusual ones for fun. Kaleidoscope pens and car pens that could drive. :D I love crayons too. I have the huge box upstairs in my room... lol. Trapper Keepers were the big thing back when I was in late grade school and middle school... hahahaha.

I like this time of the year even if I really didn't want to do school work. I liked seeing my friends (I lived about 15 minutes out of town, so I had limited access to most school friends, but I loved where I lived because it was a recreational area... campgrounds, lakes, etc... we hung out, played sports and swam all summer.) I enjoyed our bus for the most part too. We had fun on it... hehe (not like that :P ).

It was a small town, so I was close to most of my teachers too. Yeah, I guess I was sorta a teacher's pet... not really for smarts (though I wasn't that dumb... just very lazy... haha) but because I enjoyed talking with most of them.

*grins* I remember getting...

MY NEW JOB! Yeah, that was just a few hours ago, but... *grins* it's just fresher in my memory. ;)

So, now I have to go buy school supplies. *rubs her hands together and grins*

I'm so glad that so many people share my office supply fetish. *grins* There's nothing like a brand spanking new notebook. Spiral bound, college ruled. :wink: And Pens! And Markers!

I even have a Magic 8 Ball Pen. *grins* Although it's broken now. *sniff*

I played some four square in middle school... lol. Hmmm... I wasn't good at kickball, so I avoided that. I'm bad at jungle gyms and all that too. In high school, I mainly hung out in one of the hall ways or in the gym. Sometimes I'd play basketball or Euchre/Dirty Clubs.

ahh..my sixth grade teacher was a first year teacher..everyone loved her..pretty..all the boys infatuated..i remember she dressed up for Halloween as a boyscout..

(yes that was when it was still ok to celbrate the holidays and wear costumes and have parties in school)