DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about Forsaken.

chris777

I’m new, so feel free to tell me if I don’t follow procedure.

DON'T SPOIL ME PLEASE.  I just now started on book 6, Lord of Chaos.

Basically I want to know everything I SHOULD know about each Forsaken up to this point.  And I'm afraid to research, as I will inevitably get spoiled by finding out something I shouldn't know yet.

Here is my list of what I know offhand.

(Out of this list I also know at least 2 more of these are dead, but I forget which ones.  Rand killed them in the first or second book?  I also suspect that the person who is Elaida’s right hand woman(forget her name too) is a Forsaken, but we haven’t been told yet who in the tower is, nor have I found out who Moghedien is among the Aes Sedai in the village.)

13 FORSAKEN

AGINOR (M): Real name: Ishar Morrad Chuain

Not known yet.

ASMODEAN (M): Real name: Joar Addam Nesossin  Alias: Jasin Natael

Bard/Gleeman & Trainer for Rand Al’Thor.

BALTHAMEL (M): Real name: Eval Ramman

Not known yet.

BE'LAL (M): Real name: Duram Laddel Cham

Not known yet.

DEMANDRED (M): Real name: Barid Bel Medar

Just became Nae’Blis(right hand) to the DarkOne.

GRAENDAL (F): Real name: Kamarile Maradim Nindar

Torturer, was working with Rhavin/Lanfear/Sammael to bait Rand into attacking Sammeal, then link, and kill him.  He instead was attacked by Lanfear(moraine killed her?), then went after Rhavin and killed him.

ISHAMAEL (M): Real name: Elan Morin Tedronai.

Called himself Ba'alzamon, trying to control then kill Rand.  Ended up(assumed) to be dead at the hands of Rand.  His first Forsaken kill.  Was the strongest of the Forsaken.

LANFEAR (F): Real name: Mierin Eronaile.

In love with Lews Therin(Dragon), and now Rand(Dragon Reborn).  Pretends to work with Forsaken to take him down, but ultimately wants him for herself to rule the world together.  Known to be the second strongest forsaken.

MESAANA (F): Real name: Saine Tarasind

Not known yet.

MOGHEDIEN (F): Real name: Lillen Moiral

Hides a lot.  Battled Nynaeve, and ultimately lose by means of an a’dam(necklace that controls powers).  Strongest Forsaken when inside Tel’aran’rhoid(dream world)

RAHVIN (M): Real Name: Ared Mosinel. Alias: Lord Gaebril.

Tried to control Queen Morgase.  Rumored to have killed her, so Rand went after him and killed him VIA Balefire.

SAMMAEL (M): Real name: Tel Janin Aellinsar

Not sure what he’s doing, working with Graendal

SEMIRHAGE (F): Real name: Nemene Damendar Boann

Not known yet.

Sorry so long.  I did copy a lot of this from the Forsaken FAQ.  But i was afraid to read anything, or even LOOK at aliases, because it might later spoil me.

Anything you KNOW i should have positvely found out by book 6, please tell me.  But if I shouldn't know yet, or suspect, please don't.

Thanks!

Aginor and Balthamel died in TEOTW, Be'lal died in TDR, Asmo died in TFOH, Moghedien is not posing as an Aes Sedai, as she was captured by Nynaeve in TFOH.

Sammael being in Illian was confirmed in TDR, Demandred did not become nae'blis (read the wording carefully).

Aginor and Balthamel died in TEOTW, Be'lal died in TDR, Asmo died in TFOH, Moghedien is not posing as an Aes Sedai, as she was captured by Nynaeve in TFOH.

Sammael being in Illian was confirmed in TDR, Demandred did not become nae'blis (read the wording carefully).

How exactly did Aginor and Balthamel die, i know rand killed them somehow?  Asmo did die, damn i forgot a lot!  Well at the end of TFOH she said she knew Mog was in that area, if not in that village.  So i just assumed she was posing as one of them, because she wasn't really captured, she was put to sleep so Nynaeve could find her.

And ya i just read that again, he must have meant "do you presume to be Nae'Blis"  Not do you WANT to be. =)

Trying to find a synopsis of book5, and found out Mesaana is at the tower, but luckily quit reading before it told me who she was.  Likely the person I suspect...But I don't remember that I was supposed to suspect it was Mesaana over any other Forsaken?  Did I miss something?

AGINOR (M): Real name: Ishar Morrad Chuain

Not known yet.

He was killed at the end of book 1.

ASMODEAN (M): Real name: Joar Addam Nesossin  Alias: Jasin Natael

Bard/Gleeman & Trainer for Rand Al’Thor.

Dead as of Fires of Heaven, at the end of the book.

BALTHAMEL (M): Real name: Eval Ramman

Not known yet.

Also killed at the beginning of book 1

BE'LAL (M): Real name: Duram Laddel Cham

Not known yet.

High Lord Samon of Tear. Killed in book 3.

Just became Nae’Blis(right hand) to the DarkOne.

Not made Nae'bliss (just asked if he wanted to be).

Torturer, was working with Rhavin/Lanfear/Sammael to bait Rand into attacking Sammeal, then link, and kill him.  He instead was attacked by Lanfear(moraine killed her?), then went after Rhavin and killed him.

Pretty sure you got it all.

ISHAMAEL (M): Real name: Elan Morin Tedronai.

Called himself Ba'alzamon, trying to control then kill Rand.  Ended up(assumed) to be dead at the hands of Rand.  His first Forsaken kill.  Was the strongest of the Forsaken.

Correct except for the 1st kill part, was actually the 2nd killed by Rand and 4th killed over all.

LANFEAR (F): Real name: Mierin Eronaile.

In love with Lews Therin(Dragon), and now Rand(Dragon Reborn).  Pretends to work with Forsaken to take him down, but ultimately wants him for herself to rule the world together.  Known to be the second strongest forsaken.

Fell through the doorway ter'angreal with Moiraine at the end of Fires of Heaven.

Not known yet.

Correct.

Hides a lot.  Battled Nynaeve, and ultimately lose by means of an a’dam(necklace that controls powers).  Strongest Forsaken when inside Tel’aran’rhoid(dream world)

Correct.

RAHVIN (M): Real Name: Ared Mosinel. Alias: Lord Gaebril.

Tried to control Queen Morgase.  Rumored to have killed her, so Rand went after him and killed him VIA Balefire.

Correct

Not sure what he’s doing, working with Graendal

In Illian. Correct.

Not known yet.

Correct.

How exactly did Aginor and Balthamel die, i know rand killed them somehow?  Asmo did die, damn i forgot a lot!  Well at the end of TFOH she said she knew Mog was in that area, if not in that village.  So i just assumed she was posing as one of them, because she wasn't really captured, she was put to sleep so Nynaeve could find her.

The Green Man bear hugged Balthamel to death ;) Remember, he grabbed him and killed him by basically growing stuff out of him, both turning into a tree that Loial sang to, to make sure the Blight would not reclaim it.

I beleive Aginor One Power OD'd on the Eye of the World. Drew too much and burnt himself to a crisp.

Thanks guys, Now i remember more w/out getting spoiled!!  Was is semirage or grendal that's the one that tortures ppl a lot?  I may be thinking of the wrong one...?

UPDATED:

AGINOR (M): Real name: Ishar Morrad Chuain(Dead)

Died in the first book to Rand, likely drew too much of the one power because of the Eye Of the World.

ASMODEAN (M): Real name: Joar Addam Nesossin  Alias: Jasin Natael(Dead)

Was Bard/Gleeman & Trainer for Rand Al’Thor.  Died at end of FOH by unknown( likely to Mesaana or Demandred).

BALTHAMEL (M): Real name: Eval Ramman(Dead)

Killed in the first book by the GreenMan.  Hugged to death.

BE'LAL (M): Real name: Duram Laddel Cham(Dead)

Died via Balefire from Moraine Sedai.

RAHVIN (M): Real Name: Ared Mosinel. Alias: Lord Gaebril. (Dead)

Tried to control Queen Morgase.  Rumored to have killed her, so Rand went after him and killed him VIA Balefire.

ISHAMAEL (M): Real name: Elan Morin Tedronai. (Dead)??

Called himself Ba'alzamon, trying to control then kill Rand.  Ended up(assumed) to be dead at the hands of Rand.   Was the strongest of the Forsaken.

LANFEAR (F): Real name: Mierin Eronaile. (Dead)??

In love with Lews Therin(Dragon), and now Rand(Dragon Reborn).  Pretends to work with Forsaken to take him down, but ultimately wants him for herself to rule the world together.  Known to be the second strongest forsaken. Assumed dead w/Moraine inside ter’angreal.

In Illian working with Graendal

Working directly with the DarkOne in LOC.  May become Nae’Blis(Dark One’s right hand).

Torturer, was working with Rhavin/Lanfear/Sammael to bait Rand into attacking Sammeal, then link, and kill him.  He instead was attacked by Lanfear(moraine killed her?), then went after Rhavin and killed him.

Hiding in the White Tower somewhere.  Identity unknown.

Hides a lot.  Battled Nynaeve, and ultimately lost by means of an a’dam(necklace that controls powers).  Strongest Forsaken when inside Tel’aran’rhoid(dream world)

Not known yet.

ASMODEAN (M): Real name: Joar Addam Nesossin  Alias: Jasin Natael(Dead)

Was Bard/Gleeman & Trainer for Rand Al’Thor.  Died at end of FOH by unknown( likely to Mesaana or Demandred).

A structured thread talks about that; though that contains spoilers.

Trying to find a synopsis of book5, and found out Mesaana is at the tower, but luckily quit reading before it told me who she was. Likely the person I suspect...But I don't remember that I was supposed to suspect it was Mesaana over any other Forsaken?  Did I miss something?
We don't know who Mesaana is in the Tower.

DON'T SPOIL ME PLEASE.

mb why the hell did you reveal that when he said no spoilers?

yes...WTF?  I didn't read all of it, and am purposely not looking.  I quit as soon as i seen resurected.  Thanks a lot.

Edit. I get that you are upset, that still does not make certain language acceptable.

Well one thing I can at least say is that I already expected that to happen.  Even before "The Dark Lord" said he can't bring someone back from balefire "even I cannot step outside of time"...that basically meant..he CAN bring someone back who died in most any other way.  So i dunno if he(the spoiler) said, but im guessing Ishmael gets resurrected...and possibly anyone besides rhavin and be'lal.  Cause comon? the STRONGEST forsaken...being dead w/out us really knowning it was him before hand...they gotta bring him back.  And it's really obvious Lanfear isn't dead.  They keep saying she's dead, but they fell into the same door Matt went into right?  How is that dead?

Semi is the expert torturer. Gren is the one that likes her some Compulsion.

And men. ;)

Each of those I think is revealed after book 5.

You do not remember correctly.

The resurrection I thought the person read.

The rest was where the info was to be found.

To point out the error. If I didnt quote it, mb would probably not have known which bit I meant.

I did not get to read the part you quoted before the post was modified.

If you remember what it was, send me a private message.

I didn't read all of it, and am purposely not looking.

To avoid spoilers in future, it would be best to tell where exactly you read to.

'just started' could mean any portion of the book.

To avoid spoilers in future, it would be best to tell where exactly you read to.

'just started' could mean any portion of the book.

To avoid spoiling, it would be best not to mention big plot twists at all. If someone is on LoC then you know theres a hell of a lot he hasnt seen. Common sense should triumph

Well I just finished the Prologue.  Damn that's a long prologue.  And I may have just passed the part where I got spoiled?  Likely 2 forsaken were just resurrected Osan`gar and Aran`gar, one a woman and one a man.  And they are comparing the woman to Lanfear.  So to COMPARE her to Lanfear, would insinuate it is NOT Lanfear...the only other potentially dead woman.  And he said it was almost as if the Mydraal smirked.  So?  Please don't tell me one of the Male forsaken is inside the body of a woman now.  Someone who is rasher then Lanfear, and we don't know that much about any of the other "dead" males...EXCEPT Ishamael.  Please, please don't tell me the strongest male Forsaken is now in the body of some voluptuous woman.  One is surely Ishamael, just not sure which...or who the other is.

My guess is Asmodean as the Female, and Ishamael as the male.

Is there a reason why we shouldn't know the identity of these 2?

Archived