DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wouldn't you be disappointed if Rand didn't die?

AtheistMonk

Sadness.....I see plenty of sadness on the horizon for the characters of WoT. Will Rand die? Who knows except for RJ, personally I wouldn't be disappointed to see either ending but I think Rand will "live" in some way shape or form.

As for Cadsuanne, she has lived a long time.....she is probably not gonna live through or long past the Final Battle - possible Martyrdom in the works for her - she is already a living legend after all.

Hate to burst the bubble, Elayne & Faile - not gonna die. I am not a big fan of these 2 characters either - in the beginning I found them amusing - but now I am just bored with them - they are inept and completely unable to handle the roles bequeathed to them by "birth". I do however feel that the next book is gonna serve the both of them with an enormous wake-up & grow-up situation.....I just dont see these 2 characters going much furthur without some personal growth in the category of humility, they have an odd way of looking at the world and their personal roles in it.

I probably will be disappointed if Rand dies. I agree that there will be lots of sadness in and following the last battle, but Rand's death does not actually have to be a part of that. We know he'll at the least appear to die, but will he actually die? I say no. As for Elayne and Faile I agree they'll definately be handed a big dose of grow up in AMoL. Cadsuane, no idea, but I've always thought it would be amusing if it were somehow her death that teaches Rand and the other Asha'man their lesson. (And no, I don't know how that would actually work, but I keep thinking about it.)

I know my postscript was merely wishful thinking, but I do think that it would just be stupid if Robert Jordan didn't kill off Rand, considering that there are so many things that suggest that he will die in some way. I feel that if some "trick" happens and Rand doesn't die (switching bodies with Ishy or something), that would just be plain out bad plotcrafting.

"Cadsuane, no idea, but I've always thought it would be amusing if it were somehow her death that teaches Rand and the other Asha'man their lesson. (And no, I don't know how that would actually work, but I keep thinking about it.)"

we've seen something along these lines happen already with moiraine and rand, with rand wishing at times that moiraine was still there for advice. i guess its possible it could also happen with cadsuane, although her role isnt the same as moiraine's

I would only disappointed if it ends with "they live happily ever after" kind of ending. I don't really care wether Rand lives or dies after TG, or anyone for that matter. I mentioned on different thread a while ago, I am a fan of Greek Mythology where the supposed heroes/main characters often have tragic ending. So what I want to see is even if the Light side wins, there is tragic ending, like Rand going to live the rest of his life with the two wounds, missing hand, half-blind, and bugs by 3 pretty ladies (not that the last one is such a bad idea :p).

Guest Majsju

I want Rand to die, it would be a huge disappointment if such a great series as WOT would get a typical fluffypuppy-happy ending where everyone lives happily ever after. I want a large bodycount among the major and semi-major characters, and Rand tops that list of who should die.

Guest cwestervelt
Angel of Death: What happened to King Arthur? Wasn't he taken someplace special by Merlin. Avalon?

I don't believe Merlin was ever got on the boat to Avalon. Just women and Arthur, mortally wounded but not yet dead. Nicola's foretelling in Salidar indicates a very similar event happenning in Rand's future.

Isn't it pretty obvious that Rand won't die? All the "visions" are pretty clear if you just read between the lines. He'll fake his own death at the end and leave arm in arm with his three loves. And personally I think that after everything the guy has had to go through and everything he has and will sacrifice it'd be a pretty poor to just have him killed without any kind of reward. Lews Therin probably had 100-200 years of living and learning before the War of Power, what has Rand had?

Archived