DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good spoiler free glossary for reference while reading??

Emez Vatsetek

I am looking for a spoiler free glossary. Or encyclopedia. I found the wot encyclopedia, but it does contain spoilers on the pages. I want something where I can just look up a character if they show up and I forget who they are. Some of the minor characters, arent in the glossary at the back of the books. Thanks.

Not nearly as in depth or as accurate as the Wot Encyclopedia (it's pretty  much the Gold Standard imho), but how about Wikipiedia's WoT articles or the WoT Wikia? The Wikia is pretty concise, and most larger articles are organized in chronological order, so you can read as much as you're up to and then no further. Plus, TGS spoilers are in a "Click Box Only" format to see them, which is nice. You can't read them, until you purposely click on the section. 

Also, check out this Thread, it might give you some more ideas worth checking out. http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,26044.0.html

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the reply. I saw this quote

Some sites try to build in spoiler-proofing. You input the last book you read and the site will only reveal stuff that happened though that book.
from the encyclopedia, but whatever site they were referring to just isn't jumping out at me. I guess I'll stick with those sources though.

Is there a way to rep people on these forums for being helpful? Because you get a point in my book :D

I found what I was looking for at http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~karlh/wot.html since it only contains information you would know up to that point. It's really quite amazing how many characters Wheel of Time has. The prologue of Crown of Swords alone has 96 characters.

It was also linked in that thread you linked me to by a guy who posted only once, so reps to that guy even if he did disappear forever after that post.

edit - Hmm, it's either not entirely spoiler free, or I missed picking up certain things, like which Aes Sedai are Black Ajah. Most likely the latter  ::)

Some sites try to build in spoiler-proofing. You input the last book you read and the site will only reveal stuff that happened though that book.

There is a Song of Ice and Fire site that is like that (Tower of the Hand); but I am not aware of any for Wheel of Time.

Though with Tower of the Hand, any of the info is revealed with only certain books; except for chapter summaries.

With Wheel of Time, you might only browse the chapter summaries at the Encyclopaedia site.  Wotmania also had chapter summaries; not sure if Thirteen Depository copied them.

Archived