DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine's 3 gifts

jwillis7

So what if when Moiraine pushed Lanfear through the doorway, could she have been granted 3 gifts like mat?  I think she did, we know she saw possibilities leading up to the doorway and possibilities when she was saved, so why not when she went through which probably means she knew exactly what to do when she got there. so here are my 3 and the price

1) immune to fire (from the dream egwene saw of thom pulling moiraine's head stone thing out of a fire)

2) no idea

3) still no idea this is just coming to me, don't judge me

The price- that she has to say in their world and will not try and leave on her own ( this is because i do not think those finns what people to use their gifts outside the Tower

Jwillis7 Said: So what if when Moiraine pushed Lanfear through the doorway, could she have been granted 3 gifts like mat?  I think she did, we know she saw possibilities leading up to the doorway and possibilities when she was saved, so why not when she went through which probably means she knew exactly what to do when she got there. so here are my 3 and the price

1) immune to fire (from the dream egwene saw of thom pulling moiraine's head stone thing out of a fire)

2) no idea

3) still no idea this is just coming to me, don't judge me

The price- that she has to say in their world and will not try and leave on her own ( this is because i do not think those finns what people to use their gifts outside the Tower

Im glad this was posted...imo this is one of the cooler things to think about ... i definitely think when trying to wonder what gifts she may have gained that it is dependent on trying to figure out what Questions she asked first...

For example, look at Mat Cauthon...He asked for a way to be free of Aes Sedai Power and he was given The Foxhead Medallion...

What if she was near death when she landed and she asked for a new body? ... What if she asked for a way to help make sure The Dragon Reborn wins The Last Battle and they gave her a Super Strong Ter'angreal from The AOL???

That would be a bit of Dues Ex Machina but since Moir was trapped there for 6 books and we have seen them give main characters cool stuff before (like Mat;s amulrt), I'd be able to swallow it.

Fish

There were past threads that addressed this.

Like I told in other threads, I am not sure whether either of them were granted wishes because they entered with fire (which is against the rules in the world).  Imprisonment seems to have been the punishment for that.

Though if either of them was granted wishes, Moiraine would probably ask for things that would be beneficial (to some degree) to the Light side.

Her rescue scene would probably be the best chance to find out whether she was granted wishes and whether she asked for anything.

Edit: I done a poll about how she would come out.

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,51170.0.html

While it is theoretically possible that Moiraine could be granted wishes, it seems unlikely that she was. She entered in fire, destroying a valuable trade route. Furthermore, they have no reason to trade as far as we know, given that she is in their powers and so they can take whatever they want. If she did receieve anything, what she gets is complete guesswork, with no indications as yet.

Archived