Looks like I got half right.

New predictions:

1)Germany

2)Netherlands

3)Uruguay

4)Spain

- Spain needed too much luck so far to get through;

- Uruguay without Suarez is much worse than Uruguay with Suarez;

- The Netherlands are not allowed to win.

Well, if Spain can stay on the level they played against Germany, the Nethelands stand extremely little chance of winning. But, Robben/Sneijder are both in-form, and can pull an individual number out of nowhere, so there is at least a small chance.

Best thing about the final is that we get two playing teams , even if the Netherlands have abandoned their totalvoetbal for a more cynical approach.

I picked Spain as my winner before the World Cup even started, so I have to stick to that...3-1. (Villa 2, Xabi Alonso, Sneijder)

Damn, what a game.  I fully expected it to go to penalties.  I'm really mad at Pedro, or whoever it was that didn't pass Torres the ball when he was WIDE OPEN!  That would have been an easy goal for Torres and gotten his confidence back; extremely important for the Final.

I don't know who I want to win, both are first time winners, so my usual deciding factor is out.  Both have played amazingly in the tournament, both deserve to win.  I guess I'll just watch a terrific game and cheer for whoever wins. 

My Prediction: Spain wins 2-1 in the first half of overtime (or whatever the extra 30 mins of play is called for the rest of the world)

Extra time! ;)

France-Uruguay at the start of the World Cup really did kill my interest in the competition. The final should be a good game, and I am rooting for a 2-1 win to the Dutch.

Figured I should pick my Allstar team before the final.

Kingson (Ghana)

Lahm (Germany)

Puyol (Spain)

Lugano (Uruguay)

Coentrao (Portugal)

Müller (Germany)

Schweinsteiger (Germany)

Xavi (Spain)

Inesta (Spain)

Sneijder (Netherlands)

Villa (Spain)

Coach: Van Marwijk (Netherlands)

Subs: Neuer(Germany), Ramos(Spain), Van Bronckhorst(Netherlands), Robben(Netherlands), Van Bommel(Netherlands), Forlan(Uruguay).

Back online.

Crazy times! I swear, every single Dutch plus most of us non-Dutch were glued to the screen at the Schiphol airport during the Netherlands-Brazil game. Spotted more than a few agitated faces when flights were announced before the match had ended. Our pilot kindly kept us updated. ”Brazil is going home!” got a huge cheer. Heard people were jumping to the canals in Amsterdam to celebrate the victory and the water in those canals is very dirty...

Next I know I’m in Munich and the Germans in our science course manage to convince the organizers to change the program to see Germany play against Argentina. Not complaining. Science vs. Football 0-1! (Brazil and Argentine both out before the semi-finals. Didn’t see that coming...) Spain-Paraguay was probably the most entertaining game of the tournament, though today’s Germany-Uruguay came close and I have high hopes for the final. Was flying again during Netherlands-Uruguay, but today I’m gonna superglue myself to the sofa. I´m all orange, will have Paul the octopus for breakfast if the Spaniards win!

My Dream Team:

Casillas (Spain) A good second choice is the new “God-Hand” Suarez (Uruguay). Probably the best player in any team since can play both as a forward and a goalkeeper...

Fucile (Uruguay) / Lahm (Germany) / Van Der Wiel (Netherlands) / Lucio (Brasil)

Mueller (Germany) / Snejder (Netherlands) / Schweinsteiger (Germany)

Forlan (Uruguay)

Suarez (Uruguay) / Villa (Spain)

Bronze

England vs Germany

Final

Brazil vs Spain

Well, getting two of the medalists correct, one of them the winner is not too bad. What is too bad is that I did not make any bets :(

Not the greaest final I have seen, but it was quite entertaining. Congratulations Spain.

Archived