DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A First Time Reader's Journey.

TruorTupnm

Your Reaction To First Time Readers?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Your Reaction To First Time Readers?

• Ah, to be a The Wheel Of Time virgin again!
    • Dude, just stop reading. It gets horrible.
    • Oo! An opportunity to laugh, when he totally gets blindsided by something!
    • Get out. We only like people who were born with the trivia, apparently.
    • Some combination or something else. This is included only to comply with the unwritten rules on poll-type thingies.

Greetings, all.  Having all kinds of fun?  Oh, I hope so.  Anyways, I am mostly a science fiction fan, but I read plenty of fantasy, as well.  People have been ranting at me to read this series for a while, but they always informed me that it was still being made.  I hate having to wait around for some author, so I always told them that I would wait for it to finish.  I was just recently informed that the twelfth book has been finished, and only twelve were in the works, so I picked up the first three from the library, yesterday.  I'm somewhere in the middle of the first one, at the moment.  The male who just found out that he can be creepily telepathic with wolves and the female who jumps to be like the nearest interesting female older than herself have just gotten caught by some capitalized Children, of the brand of Light, and the other two males are just out on a road, someplace.  The other characters don't matter, since they're just mentors and such, soon to die in the arms of their students, as tradition dictates.  ::) 

Anyone care to poke the new guy?  Laugh at my crazy guesses at how mysteries will be solved?  Nod in sympathy while I follow a red herring?  Or just watch, as I type, "Wow!  That one part would best be described as ---> Superly as well as nigh-improbably awesome!  It must have been a mistype!" or, "Garn, yo.  I hate that character.  When will he die?" or somesuch.  If there is one of those reading along with other people type of threads, sure, I'll move there.  No large deal. 

But for now, some impressions (I'm not good with names) ---> Since it has happened recently ---> There was that one dude that got the chapter called "Wolfbrother", which, as a matter of course, makes me wonder ---> Are there Finchbrothers in this universe?  Turtlebrothers?  Giraffebrothers?  If not, hey, that's not cool.  I just hate canines.  Mayhaps there could be other types of siblings, but they just aren't mentioned.  I didn't read anything to indicate that these people can be creepily telepathic with any other animals.

What's with these Children Of The Light?  Or is their organization called Children Of Light?  I forget.  Creepily brainwashed by somebody, or merely organized crazies?

For that matter, I have to wonder about this Warder thing, but I only have one example, so I can't be sure how different he is from the others.  I am certain that the books will tell me all about them, soon.  I am not sure if this guy is just exceptional, if he has been imbued with all kinds of creepy magics to make him better than most, or if Warders are just born with a different sort of creepy magic.  There are connections between these dudes and the female magic-using organization, but they haven't been explained, yet.  Are they slaves of the magic-users, or merely willing servants?  I have no idea.

Also, the female magic-using group.  Is the one example that I have exceptional, or can they all do that quite decent amount of magic?  Creepy, in addition to terrifying!  But then, I have never been a large fan of magic-users.  ::)

What happens to be along with that one of the three important kids?  The one who was the stereotypically light-hearted one, but who now carries some jeweled dagger from that one cursed city?  He isn't as quick to share with his dreams as the other two, it seems as if, so is he just keeping his creeped out feelings to himself and getting overly weird about it?  As a matter of course, I figure that it has something to do with the dagger.  I was disappointed that they got out of that place and didn't have to deal with the creepy dude inside overly much, so mayhaps he is somehow helping that dude out.  But isn't that what I'm supposed to think, at this point?  ::) I won't be sure.

Not much else comes to brain.  I wonder if the dude that is not the main character's dad will ever show up, since he said that he'd try to come after him, to assist.  I can't wait to learn more about the bad guys, since I role-play on websites like this, every now as well as then, and I like to know what my options are for all races. 

Anything that you wish to prod a first time reader about?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, you're about to have SO much fun!  :D

I won't tell you anything on your questions except "Read and Find Out" which you'll probably get a lot on these boards, especially written as RAFO. Your predictions and questions will mostly be answered quite soon.

Be careful because there are spoilers all over these boards, and if you're not into hearing spoilers try to stick to threads you open yourself. Most of us will try not to ruin things for you.

Have a great time reading the series, and keep us informed of all your crazy theories. We love hearing noobies predictions. We feed on them.  ;)

I would also add that you should post often, every time something sucker-punches you or makes you laugh or cry or whatever... we all only get to read the books for the first time once, and following someone on their maiden voyage lets us vicariously live through that experience again.

But yeah - pretty much reading any of this forum can ruin all of the suprises in store for you and taint your enjoyment of the series. I'd reccomend that you start your own thread here in the general forum for each book and kind of chronicle your thoughts as you go... not just for us, either - you will LOVE going back later and reading how wrong or how right you were (but mostly how wrong).  ;)

I don't make a large deal about spoilers.  I haven't gone looking for any information here, beyond just getting acquainted with the forum, but I won't be flinching if someone types that the main character gets killed at the end.  But then, main characters are usually pretty boring, and this Rand dude seems to be a fairly classic case.  People in real life haven't told me much beyond, "Dude!" *smack!* "Read these!" Someone did mention a character that reminded them of Gollum, since I am a large fan of weaselly characters, but I don't remember his name and am on the lookout for him (the only candidates are that merchant from the beginning who randomly showed up and was possibly spotted at least one time later, and some crazy hobo, but neither have given me much to go on). 

Anyways, I am almost to the end of the first book.  I read pretty fast but am attempting to slow down a bit, this time, since these books are so widely as well as highly recommended.  Most recent impressions ---> Hey, cool Ent thing that looks like one of the Trollocs!  Everybody loves Ent type things, though.  I am hoping for uniqueness, but he just seems to be your average large as well as strange and peaceful type of dude. 

They are inside of a capitalized Way, at the moment, which sounds plenty awesome.  I haven't seen the creepy thing that is supposed to be inside, though.  But let me see ---> The evil dudes have located certain entrances to this place, so I am wondering if anyone can just stumble onto such an entrance, or if you have to be a magic-user to get in.  I'm sure that the evil dudes have plenty of magic-users, too, but I am merely wondering if they'd be required, if random humans could find one of these entrances and get lost in this place.

But then, male magic-users from that now (possibly? pretty much? only shown above board?) entirely female group of magic-users made these things for the Ent-like dudes, and they, well, they at the least aren't the same type of magic-user.  Possibly, magic works differently for different races?  I don't know yet.  The only ones that I've noticed are human, or just using something unique.  Probably, the male magic-users made the capitalized Ways with plants, since the Ent-like dudes have an affinity for them.  But then again, they also have an affinity for masonry.  Ah, but, to that, I have to point out that rocks are nature, too, crazy elves.  Go Dwarves!  Everyone just works with what they're good at.  ::)

The wolf-oriented dude seems to be sliding into his role of wolf-oriented dude, probably merely due to time to adjust and being away from wolves for a bit.  I still want to see a finchbrother character, or somesuch.  ::) This creepy type of wolf telepathy (Lupathy?  Telecanisism?) was mentioned to be something older than the current crop of creepy magic-users, a remnant of a time when humans were more animalic, so there could be plenty of other crazy remnants out there, related to that time or some other.

Which makes me remember the places built by those Ent-like dudes (I should get in the habit of remembering names).  Those dudes must be some kind of magical, or they are just fans of keeping their secrets.  The only example that I have so far mentioned having bits of talents here as well as there, so I figure that they can do different amounts of amazing things with different materials.  Plenty of room for crazy inventions, as far as I can tell.

Ah, and the one kid with the dagger.  They cleared that problem up, at least for the moment.  He's back to his old self, but he'll go crazy again, necessarily at the least opportune moment.  They were supposed to go to that city full of creepy magic-users to permanently cure him of that craziness, but, due to the urgency of dreams that everyone trusts matter, they're going to let this kid suddenly surprise them.  ::)

My impression on this evil dude in the dreams so far ---> Poor guy.  He's been stuck in this cycle for so long.  No wonder he's evil.  But why does he want these three under his control so badly, really?  Prophecy type stuff, fate and all of that, Patterns and Wheels and such.  Okay.  He's stuck being the evil dude, I guess.  I'll find out what more there is to him, soon, I'm sure.

Not much else to report.  Prod me to see impressions...on stuff I didn't mention.

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but there were supposed to be 12 books.  Well that fell thru, and there will be 2 more books.  13 is expect fall 2010 and 14 a year after that if all goes well.  And I dont think you will find many people who want to ruin any plot points for you, as you get into this story.  Most people are not that mean !!

Huh.  Well, dang.  oh well.  I'll just have to re-read them all, when the next two are made.  

Well, I finished the first one.  It was not too horrible.  I wanted all three of the kids to save the day, but oh well.  The main character saved the day, didn't get to tell anyone, and is quite creeped out by it.  Come on, evil dude.  You were supposed to be all kinds of crazy powerful.  Looks as if the main character mostly won via surprise.  Sounds as if the evil dude will be back, hopefully to stop underestimating heroes.  Ugh.  So embarrassing.   ::)

The kid with the dagger didn't get to kill anyone. *sigh* Maybe in the next book.  But then, I have no idea of exactly how the second is connected to the first.  A bunch of time might have passed, or it might star entirely different characters.  I don't know.  I shall pick it up, later.  

So, the Warder dude is soon to be a king, and the Wisdom lady is a large fan of him, so their deaths are looking less eminent.  That The Blight place was plenty awesome.  All of that is caused merely by the evil dude being stuck close by?  Are the monsters there able to get very far away from there?  Shouldn't there be all kinds of improbable beasties all over the place, then?  

That Green Man was cool, of course.  Too bad about him.  Will I ever find out what wounded him, in the first place?  He recognized the wolfcentric dude as one wielding a type of magic from the same age as himself.  Was the Green Man just a really planty human, or was he something else, in addition to coming from such an age?  

The only other highlights that come to brain is wondering where the main character will run to and who his mother was.  Some Aiel (I think it was).  I noticed a few people in the Glossary at the end that disappeared not too long ago, so they'll probably show up.  But what about the dude who is not his father?  Are we merely to assume that, although he seemed plenty trustworthy, he just decided to stay home?  Was that guy some kind of awesome, at one point, or did he just randomly find that sword?  I would think that there would be a lot of swords with herons on them being sold.  ::)

Also, the main character has to find some male magic-user, I would think.  No?  Hmmm...the female ones seem to be doing an awesome job of looking for those dudes, but mayhaps, although the only representative of their organization knows nothing of the male half of the capitalized Power, other females can teach stuff about it?  We'll find out.  Ah, I just remembered that they have that horn that is supposed to bring heroes back to life.  It'll probably be one of them.

I would venture to say most everyone who is a fan of this series has read all the books several times for many reasons. 1) waiting for the next one. 2) to remind yourself of plotlines. 3) to catch the multitude of hints and foreshadowing that everyone misses at least at first. and 4) because they are just that enjoyable.

I started the series back when only 6 books were out. I finished all six in less than 2 months. It has been a looooonnnngggg wait for the next ones to come out in succession. You did come in at a good time, at least in that sense, because it should be 2yrs. maybe a little less if we're lucky until completion. I have already enjoyed reading your speculations...wish I could be a WoT virgin again.

I am having all kinds of fun with the second book, so far. 

The leader of those Aes Sedai ladies is not too annoying of a should-be-superly-powerful leader of terrifying magic-users.  Most are merely large piles of awesome and perfection and beyond-reproachiveness, while being devoid of personality. 

I am happy to be learning about the different types of Aes Sedai.  I'm having lots of fun with that one Brown one, who easily figured secrets out and cares little but for analyzing new stuff, although I am wondering if they get any cool kinds of magic, otherwise, you don't have to be a magic-user to work as a researcher for them. 

Yay for the Hurin character (one of my favorite humans of Tolkien's) sniffing violence out!  I gots to know every type of crazy magic in this universe. 

Yay for that crazy as well as capitalized Stone that took the main character to some parallel universe or something.  That's about where I am, at the moment.  Can't wait to learn more about what that's all about. 

I am figuring that this Padin Fain character is the one that I was told is like Gollum.  He does seem like he might be a plenty cool weaselly type of character, but Gollum seems better, at least so far. 

Yay for the evil dude being plenty sneaky, but he is too focused on getting people to bow before him.  Just kill the dangerous ones!  Poor evil dude, too ambitious. 

You know, you people can answer some of my questions.  I am thinking that plenty could be answered with a, "No, that's not really important.  It is interesting, but it'll never really come up again.  We debate about its finer points, just for fun, mostly." or a, "You are on the right track, there.  Cool idea on the other thing, but completely wrong, there."  ::) Well, no large deal.  I finished the second book and am grabbing the third.

Okay, so, two books down, and this big, bad, as well as main evil dude is being unimpressive.  Is he not supposed to be some kind of superly powerful god, and he gets beaten by this clueless main character twice?  Craziness.  I am hoping that he's merely toying with him, for some reason.  Making him overly confident or somesuch.  This guy was somehow able to break through some unbreakable materials, he hasn't been gutted in how many capitalized Ages, and he gets beaten by this random kid twice.  If the kid had just a little more endurance for a finishing blow, it looks as if this god would be dead. 

He brags about being so achingly powerful, but he gets smacked once and runs away?  Sure, that is a very bad guy type of trait, but how can he brag with a straight face all of the time? "Oh, I am superly awesome.  Fear me and such!  Don't make me angry, for I can totally mess physics up.  Check out what I did with the male of magic, and that was just a reaction!  Oh, just, please don't hit me.  I bruise easy."  ::) Mayhaps, since he can break supposedly unbreakable things that get stronger whenever they're hit, he works the same way, and he's letting the main character smack him around, so that he'll never be able to get hurt again? 

Or mayhaps he only has attack power and zero defense, while this Creator is the opposite.  Will the Creator ever be a character?  He is the dude responsible for this aggravating Wheel, forcing everyone to repeat everything, as far as I know.  Creators are not always nice guys. 

Anyways, I am a large fan of the collars made to control magic-users, mostly because I am not a large fan of magic-users.  Magic-users, always being so overly mysterious!  And so justifiably arrogant, better than everyone else and condescending to them.  Argh.  I am a large fan of those steddings, but there need to be some portable chunks of magic-resistance. 

Also, what's with this terrifying Lanfear lady?  Is she evil or what?  It seems as if I am supposed to believe that she is, so am I merely to assume that she is just as silly as the big, bad, as well as main evil dude and will pass up twenty-seven thousand opportunities to kill him, just so she can control him?  Ugh.  Sure, I understand that he'd be useful as a puppet, but can't these evil dudes obtain their goals with a lot less trouble without him?  I am now rooting for some evil dude getting to control him, just so I can see how worth it it would be.  ::)

Towards this Padan Fain character, Yay for weaselly characters, but I am wishing that he had a larger role.  I haven't been able to read enough about him for me to become a fan, yet.  They are making a large deal about him being something unique and powerful, but he is staying in the background like a good weasel should.  But then, he is also plenty crazy.  I am hoping that he doesn't go too crazy and get killed before he does some decent weasellying.

Okay if you want responses to these points, here you go.  The big bad guy you have seen "killed" twice doesnt want Rand dead, he has other plans, plans you have already seen bits of so I am not really revealing much.  Lanfear is about as big and bad as old fire eyes, and she wants Rand alive aswell, for her own reasons.  As for Fain, if you are hoping he will be major, alas he is mostly a "behind the curtain" character.  Not that he doesnt step forward now and again to great dismay to all and usually surprising because they are so infrequent.

One last thing.

You read FAST !! You are reading a book every 2 days.  That must get expensive LOL

I am borrowing them from the library, at the moment, and I am attempting to slow down my reading, to make this thread more entertaining.  Still too fast?  Well, I wouldn't want to merely show up to report, "Yep.  Another chapter about travel."  ::)

Towards your answers, got it.  Evil type characters in these books are either exceptionally crazy (being overly arrogant or obsessed or somesuch), or controlling people is a much larger deal than I figure it should be.  Mayhaps the evil dude has gotten capitalized Dragons to work for him in the past, and he just won't be content with destroying the world (or whatever his goal is) without one happy to help. 

I am about halfway through the third book.  Mat met Thom, and they are on a boat and being lucky, which is apparently an awesome (so far?) side effect of being messed with by that dagger.  Cool that he beat Gawyn and Galad with a stick so easily.  The other books only painted him as decent with a bow. 

What's with these Gray Men thingies?  They have no souls, in exchange for being mostly invisible?  But aren't those Halfmen thingies entirely invisible, at least while they're walking sideways at you?  ::) oh well.  You have to do something with your soulless servants, I suppose.  Are there any evil dudes that don't come from humans?  Even those Draghkar thingies were, although they didn't sound like it in the first book. 

Which makes me remember, from the second book, where did those monsters come from, that the Seanchan were employing?  They were in one of those parallel worlds, and people were surprised to find them in the usual one.  It is nothing that really matters, probably.  They might be native to wherever those dudes came from, and they took over that parallel world.  Those dudes had lots of fun with controlling magic-users, though, so mayhaps they got them to import monsters in from parallel worlds for them, too. 

Creepy, that some random dude from some village lost his mind and pretty much became a wolf.  That wolfbrother thing is catching, and Perrin has to figure out how to control it.  Will there be packs of crazed humans running with wolves?  Rand will be a ta'veren for humans (and probably most things), Mat will be a ta'veren towards games of chance (moneymancy is always good), and Perrin will be a ta'veren towards wolves and other unfortunate wolfbrothers?  Will other weird types of magic-users from other Ages pop up?  Will that Min lady's creepy magic spread to anyone else?  Probably not.

I had to register just to say awesome. I am seriously enjoying your reading of this.

On to some of what you said. Fades aren't invisible at that angle; that was a myth that Rand had heard if I recall correctly. They are also rare. Won't say why; will just say they are. They also are tough to blend in with people, particularly in the Borderlands where people can easily pick one out.

You are in for a really good experience with this series.

You know, you people can answer some of my questions.
You're right, we can.

Is he not supposed to be some kind of superly powerful god
No. That's what you're supposed to think, but the truth will become clearer as of the end of book 3.

Will the Creator ever be a character?
No. "I WILL TAKE NO PART", as the voice said at the end of book 1.

Also, what's with this terrifying Lanfear lady? Is she evil or what?
Yes. Bunny boiler.
am I merely to assume that she is just as silly as the big, bad, as well as main evil dude and will pass up twenty-seven thousand opportunities to kill him, just so she can control him?
Well, yes. As she doesn't want him dead. She "loves" him.
can't these evil dudes obtain their goals with a lot less trouble without him?
No. Rand is apparently needed by the Shadow to secure a final and lasting victory. Some of them want him dead, though.

Mat met Thom, and they are on a boat and being lucky, which is apparently an awesome (so far?) side effect of being messed with by that dagger.
You're right! It is due to the dagger.

What's with these Gray Men thingies? They have no souls, in exchange for being mostly invisible?
More unnoticeable than invisible. People see them but ignore them.
But aren't those Halfmen thingies entirely invisible, at least while they're walking sideways at you?
No. That's a myth. Myrddraal can be seen at any angle. They can disappear in shadows, though.
Are there any evil dudes that don't come from humans?
Darkhounds.

Which makes me remember, from the second book, where did those monsters come from, that the Seanchan were employing?
They were imported from Portal Stone worlds by the Armies of the Night, prior to Luthair's invasion.

Rand will be a ta'veren for humans (and probably most things), Mat will be a ta'veren towards games of chance (moneymancy is always good), and Perrin will be a ta'veren towards wolves and other unfortunate wolfbrothers?
No. They are all ta'veren towards humans.

I see what you mean about disliking magic users in books because they are so overaweing in their power, arrogant and generally unbeatable. That being said, I think you will like the evolving "humanity" of these magic users and be surprised at their failings and limitations.

Hmm. I enjoyed reading the thread. It seems like you're really engaged with the text. And you read fast! I used to be able to do that, but now I find that I'm slower than I used to be. I made a thread about it if you have any ideas for me. I just finished book 6 and I've been reading through the series since October.

I agree that Ba'alzamon is really kind of weaksauce, at least since the first couple of books where he would infiltrate the character's dreams. After that Rand seems to have more trouble dealing with Aes Sedai and his own mind than the Dark Lord, although of course The Dark Lord is bound in Shayol Ghul, so it's more of a looming threat, not a physical force in the world to be reckoned with. And he takes a backseat compared with the Forsaken. The chars do find those cuendillar discs though, which I think imply the seals are coming loose. Maybe the Dark One will break free and actually physically manifest. I hope so, to make Tarmon Gaidon interesting.

What I'd like to see, since I agree that the other ta'veren should play a bigger part in the battles, is either Mat or Perrin learning how to channel. They never really were tested to see if they could learn...at least not by a male who could channel.

As for animal-brothers...The Dark Lord does have ravens or whatever that spy for him. So that's kind of like the bird-brother thing. I like the wolf-brother thing Perrin has going on, but I like wolves well enough, though, and they are kind of a archetype...although I have cats at home so felines are cool with me, too. It would be neat if there actually was a White Lion of Andor, more than just a symbol. Felines are more elusive than canines though in the wild, or so it seems.

By the way, I was wondering about your calling the Ogier similar to Ents. At least, I think you're referring to them, ie Loial, as opposed to the Green Man, who really was more like a talking tree. Can you clarify that? Loial's not made of 'trees', or are Ents not made of trees? So he's not a tree man so to speak although the steddings are like forests and he can do some kind of magic with trees. Loial is depicted on the cover of The Great Hunt. He's more like some kind of big ogre with almost elvish characteristics. Pointy ears, long life, erudition, nature affinity. and perhaps speaks slowly like Ents.

Although I did look it up in regards to LotR and saw the description of Ents - I guess I have to reread the books - but at least in the movies the depiction of the Ents were more like walking trees and less like giants a la Ogier.

Mat met Thom, and they are on a boat and being lucky, which is apparently an awesome (so far?) side effect of being messed with by that dagger.
You're right! It is due to the dagger.

No, it really isn't.

Then what? It seems like the dagger does have something to do with it. I thought I read that.

I'm wondering if that voice might be Lews Therin? I am only halfway through the series, though. Otherwise I can't remember any other indicators that the Creator hadn't all but disappeared after creation. I would like to see the Creator playing a part. It seems like in a lot of fantasy series, there is an evil god and then some kind of powerful hero who is a human to fight him, not a good god of equal power to fight the Dark Lord. Instead the burden is placed on humanity.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from you again soon, before you've passed me where I am in my reading, that is! Take care.

Then what? It seems like the dagger does have something to do with it. I thought I read that.

There is a reasonably large thread dedicated to this, the main theories on Mat's luck are Dagger, ta'vern or some sort of inate ability. IMO ta'vern has more evidence for it than the other 2.

I'm wondering if that voice might be Lews Therin? I am only halfway through the series, though. Otherwise I can't remember any other indicators that the Creator hadn't all but disappeared after creation. I would like to see the Creator playing a part. It seems like in a lot of fantasy series, there is an evil god and then some kind of powerful hero who is a human to fight him, not a good god of equal power to fight the Dark Lord. Instead the burden is placed on humanity.

Spoiler TruorTupnm

Just about everyone agrees that this is the Creator. It is very unlikly to be LT as we only see LT as a seperate entity within Rand's mind in and after book 4.

My theory, if is worth anything, is that mats ta'vern-ness was altered or changed slightly by his contact with the dagger.  Almost how Fain was described as being "distilled" by the dark one, though obviously different results.

I can see the connection with the Ogier and the Ents.  Ents are guardians of the trees and the forest as a whole, and Ogier are often called Treebrothers (I think the aiel call them this, might be wrong).  How the two fit in their worlds is similar and what they are is similar, but the likeness stops there.  Ogier are not "tree-like" as the ents are.  When reading LotRs, I saw them more like the Greenman in appearence.  A man like blend with trees and vegetation (though even the greenman was not quite as tree-like as the ents).

I am pretty sure it was confirmed by RJ that the "I WILL TAKE NO PART" was the creator.

As for Mat and Perrin channelling, that wont happen.  There is no mention anywhere in the books of this at all, and again I think RJ confirmed this too.  But they have thier own paths to walk.  Some very interesting paths they are too !!

I can see the connection with the Ogier and the Ents.  Ents are guardians of the trees and the forest as a whole, and Ogier are often called Treebrothers (I think the aiel call them this, might be wrong).  How the two fit in their worlds is similar and what they are is similar, but the likeness stops there.  Ogier are not "tree-like" as the ents are.  When reading LotRs, I saw them more like the Greenman in appearence.  A man like blend with trees and vegetation (though even the greenman was not quite as tree-like as the ents).

Ah. Yeah I just hadn't made the connection despite that they are called the treebrothers, which does sound familiar.

I am pretty sure it was confirmed by RJ that the "I WILL TAKE NO PART" was the creator.

Ah, okay. I guess that makes sense, but that's like the only indication I've ever seen that the Creator still exists. Whereas Rand being the Dragon Reborn does imply that he is like the same soul as Lews Therin, the original Dragon, and has been since birth (the prophecies, etc).

As for Mat and Perrin channelling, that wont happen.  There is no mention anywhere in the books of this at all, and again I think RJ confirmed this too.  But they have thier own paths to walk.  Some very interesting paths they are too !!

Dang. I was hoping there was a possibility since the old blood in Two Rivers runs strong and they are ta'veren and will play a part in Tarmon Gai'don because of it, more than just bringing wolves, or being lucky, etc.

I looked at the glossary and the Dark Lord is prophecized in the Karatheon Cycle to be free from its prison. I hadn't yet imagined what the last battle would be like, but it sounds like Ba'alzamon will be there in flesh, and hopefully he will be every bit as awesome as the Dark Lord should be.

Dang. I was hoping there was a possibility since the old blood in Two Rivers runs strong and they are ta'veren and will play a part in Tarmon Gaidon because of it, more than just bringing wolves, or being lucky, etc.

::GRINS:: You get the proverbial RAFO.  You 2 are on book 3 and book 6.  There is a WHOLE lot of story yet untold LOL

Dang. I was hoping there was a possibility since the old blood in Two Rivers runs strong and they are ta'veren and will play a part in Tarmon Gaidon because of it, more than just bringing wolves, or being lucky, etc.

::GRINS:: You get the proverbial RAFO.  You 2 are on book 3 and book 6.  There is a WHOLE lot of story yet untold LOL

Hahaha. Okay, okay. I actually finished book 6 last night and just starting book 7.  I have heard that not much happens in a few of the later books, but maybe that was exaggerated.

Archived