DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time question

michaelkazich

Hey michaelkazich! I can read all 13 books (NS-TGS) in about two and a half months. The fastest I ever read the books was NS-CoT in 4 weeks. I read half a book a day. >.>

I've been reading the books for 9 1/2 years.

Be careful on here. There are spoilers of the first 11 books every where.

It's hard to say, really. Since I started reading when there were only 8 books. I got through those in probably no more then a month.

I like to give myself 3 or 4 months before a new book comes out to reread, though, since I find that rereads are less likely to put me into the "read 700 friggin pages in a day" kinda mood.....

And yes, be very careful around here. You'd have a hard time going into just about any thread without getting some major spoilers. You're choice, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't even think of coming here until I finished at least book 6.....

Have not yet read the 12th; but I have read the first 11.

Most of the books I finished roughly a week after starting; I imagine I would finish the 12th in the same amount of time.  So approximately 3 months in actual time spent in the books.

Been reading the books since September 2007 (day 15).  So about 2 years including breaks & re-reading.

17 years.

Just to make sure, does that include time between reading & time spent re-reading or were there no gaps in first time through the books?

I read Eye of the World when I was 14, I'm now 31... oooh Almost 32, but my B-Day is in Dec and I read Eye of the World in August of that year so I'll stick with 31...  so with the amount of time I've had to wait for The Gathering Storm to be released it's taken me 17 years as well.  Damn, I started this series the summer before I started high school, and it's been 13 years since I graduated, I'm married and have a child...  Well at least these books are being released more rapidly than the Dark Tower series was.

17 years.

This.

I'm one of those unlucky few who got into the series at the very beginning, toting around EotW in 8th grade... it has been a lon gand at times difficult journey, to the point that the last 4 or 5 novels I've had to re-read the entire series in the interim. Be VERY glad you just got onboard and buckle in for the ride of your life.

I'm sure many here would enjoy your fresh perspective on scenes and to perhaps re-live vicariously through their favorite parts, so please feel free to post early and often as you go through the books... I would enjoy taking the journey with you for certain.

Oh - and as was mentioned before, be careful... there are a LOT of spoilers on here for the newly initiated.

Archived