DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] December's Music Theme - Christmas Songs and Music

Corki

The music theme for December in the Band of the Red Hand is "Christmas Songs and Music", as we take a break from our "Dream Band" season, which will return in the New Year. There are a host of activities surrounding this theme, which you can find highlighted below.

NOMINATE YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONGS

For the beginning of December, I am looking to you to nominate which are your favourite Christmas songs. You can nominate classics or hymns - anything you think is Christmasy. I am looking for between 8 and 16 songs (the more, the merrier), and those nominated will go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to decide what is DM's favourite Christmas Song.

Nominate your Christmas Songs in this thread

IT'S A KNOCKOUT

Once we have our nominations, there will be a "It's A Knockout" thread to pick the winner and what is DM's favourite Christmas Song.

"It's A Knockout" thread

TUNE OR NO TUNE

As a result, for the following weeks, songs that have a distinct Christmas feel to them will be picked for "Tune or No Tune":

- Monday 30th November 2009 (2 threads)

- Monday 7th December 2009 (3 threads) New World Man by Rush, Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea, I Believe in Father Christmas by Sarah Brightman

- Monday 14th December 2009

- Monday 21st December 2009

- Monday 28th December 2009 (this could be a possible break)

If you want to nominate a song that you think has some amazing guitar playing in it for "Tune or No Tune", please contact me by PM or email (shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk).

MUSICAL ADVENT CALENDAR

Last year saw the first ever musical advent calendar from the Band. It was very succesful, and shall be returning this year.

LINK TO THREAD

ORIGINAL vs. COVER

This thread is still running. There is no Christmas feel to it unless the person running it decides so. Also, if you want to run the thread for a week, please drop Corki a PM. Dates are available as follows:

30th Nov --> 7th Dec: Seryanne

7th Dec --> 14th Dec: Corki

14th Dec --> 21st Dec: TBC

21st Dec --> 28th Dec: TBC

THREAD: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,47430.0.html

GENERAL THREADS

There will be a thread to discuss the great guitarists, and you can post clips of their guitar playing as well.

The advent calendar is up to Day 7 now.

Also, 3 "Tune or No Tunes" have been posted for you to vote on. They are:

- New World Man by Rush, featuring Geddy Lee, the winner from November's "It's A Knockout" contest to find the Bass Player for the Band's Band

- Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea, a festive favourite

- I Believe in Father Christmas by Sarah Brightman, a cover of Greg Lake's popular Yuletide

Also, don't forget to nominate your songs for the Christmas version of "It's A Knockout" contest, which can be found here.

I look forward to seeing you getting involved!

And there is a little extra this time as well: a re-run of "Christmas Carol - It's A Knockout" thread from last year. 13 of the songs remain, with 3 new entries. Last year's top 4 carols are seeded. The normal rules for "It's A Knockout" apply.

First up is last year's winner, Hark! The Herald Angel Sings, as it battles We Three Kings of Orient Are.

LINK TO THREAD

Archived