DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Throughout The Series...Which Three Forsaken...Have You Been Most Interested In?

The Fisher King

For me it has been:

1 Lanfear...She is remarkable because she is the only one of the 13 with a unique motivation...all the other 12 did so, and do so, for Power. Lanfear has never cared about Power...The Daughter of The Night has done all she has for Love (twisted and obsessive as that 'Love' may be.)

2 Messana ... she was very boring ino until she started getting repeatedly YOUKNOWWHATED by SH. She may be a Chosen, but she is still a woman...seeing her try to rebound from these brutal violations has been interesting (though it probably should have been touched upon a bit more.)

3 Demandred...mainly because he lacks (except for wanting power) any real motivation outside of hating LTT. ... Even Sammael, who also was jealous of LTT to a legendary extent still enjoyed military conquest and wanting to conquer and expand. Messana wanted to study....Asmo to play music....Semi to experiment....Lanfear to regain LTT's heart and soul and love....Demandred is just a grump who hates The Dragon and doesn't seem to do much or have much focus...which actually sorta fascinates me lol!!!

Which 3 of The Forsaken do YOU find The Most Intersting or Compelling?

Fish

I say the most obvious choice is ASMODEAN.  He has certainly kept me interested since I can't stop wondering who killed him.

GRAENDAL;  Mostly because since TFoH she has been present in almost every book.  She's ever present and always scheming in some way whether it be against the light or against her fellow forsaken.  She also seems in many ways to be the most competent of the Forsaken.

ARAN'GAR;  Its a woman who channels saiden, what more do I need?  But I do love how The Shadow exploited her uniqueness to slip one of their number into Salidar right under the AS noses.

Ishamael/Moridin. I think he is the Shadows biggest player and always has been. From what we hear about his machinations whilst unbound, all his moves have been important and to a degree successful on several accounts. He manipulates Ta'veren, he corrupts prophecies, he created the Black Ajah. Even as Moridin I find him to be an interesting character as his place in the story somehow seems parallel to Rands, and I think the whole Dragon-Nae'blis rivalry to be one of my favorite feuds Ive read of in fantasy.

Lanfear/Cyndane. Lanfear is one of the few Forsaken who didnt lose much credibility at all throughout the entire series in my opinion. I dont think she fell too easily. Even in her reduced strength, she still defeated Alivia whose aided strength was above Lanfears, which is what you would expect from someone from the AoL, so Im grateful she didnt let me down. In my opinion, she came back as Cyndane because RJ had something in mind for her, and not just to represent Moridin bringing the Forsaken into line. Im positive we will see her do something important or good before it all ends. Aran'gar was sent to the rebels, Osan'gar to the Black Tower, meaning they have a Forsaken in each of the Lights most available channeler groups. Moridin has his role as Rands nemesis. Cyndane has.... something, or she wouldnt be there at all.

I used to give a crap about Demandred, but Im sick of waiting.

Watcher and Wanderer...and...Optimus Prime...Thank You For Coming In!!! :)

I agree that IshMoridin seems to EXCEL at bringing The Chosen together and keeping a pretty tight fist on them...this was his MAIN job given him by DO when we was transmigrated back into body of the Handsome Dark-Haired youth we know as Moridin....and he seems to be doing it ver well.

Asmodean...I was interested in him initially, the whole ''Tortured Artist'' thing...but I think RJ lost interest in him quickly because he rapidly became whiny and pathetic and useless then BAM, killed out of nowhere...

I always always always WANTED to like Demandred...I saw MANY similarities bewteen him and Sammael, but my gut instinct just always told me that Demandred had a lil extra something to him...that Demandred was the ''Powerful Male LTT-Hating Member of The Chosen'' that Sammael always WANTED to be, but never would.

I always felt like RJ's description of Sammael (thru the story) as being a dude that thought in ''Straight Lines'' was just a PC way of calling the man Short-Sighted...And, in retrospect...in can be argued that it was that very Short-Sightedness that got him Roasted and Toasted.

I always felt there was just alot...MORE...to Dem...but they ''Mystery'' to him got drawn out waaaaaaaay too long and now i just find him angsty, lame and annoying - and that makes me sad.

Fish

I always felt there was just alot...MORE...to Dem...but they ''Mystery'' to him got drawn out waaaaaaaay too long and now i just find him angsty, lame and annoying - and that makes me sad.

Thats exactly how I feel. Like Asmodeans killer, I dont even care who did it anymore.

Another thing, Im still upset about Osan'gar. I dont like the fact that Elza killed him, and killing him off just seemed like a cop out. Like theres a spare Forsaken with no plotheavy actions to be on with. Oooh he spied on Rand for a few books. More or less every Forsaken placement has given them a task, something to progress with PLOTWISE. Osan'gar just lingered, did NOTHING, and got killed before Rand even knew he might have been Forsaken. I refuse to believe all his scientist tricks could only be pulled off with the True Power. Why didnt he have some hidden lab somewhere? Bah.

Optimus Prime...i TOTALLY agree with you bout Osan'Gar!!!

What was even the POINT of him ever even being Re-Transmigrated (brought back)?

I mean, can it be argued that Osan'Gar ever did ANYTHING of Substance before Elza Zapped the fool???

Fish

He was basically the eyes and ears of the Shadow since he was one of Rand's most trusted Asha'man. Undoubtedly, most of what the Shadow knew of Rand's activities then were because of him. Also, he sowed distrust between Rand's faction and Taim's that will most likely lead to war.

The Forsaken I have been most interested in would probably be Be'lal as he seemed to be one of the most respected and enigmatic of the Chosen, Ishmael/Moridin as he seems to be playing and manipulating both sides of the war and Lanfer/Cyndane as a woman scorned is very dangerous.

To be honest, they all are/were pretty interesting and unique.

1 Lanfear...She is remarkable because she is the only one of the 13 with a unique motivation...all the other 12 did so, and do so, for Power. Lanfear has never cared about Power...The Daughter of The Night has done all she has for Love (twisted and obsessive as that 'Love' may be.)
Lews Therin begs to differ: "You loved me!" "And you loved power!"

Another thing, Im still upset about Osan'gar. I dont like the fact that Elza killed him, and killing him off just seemed like a cop out. Like theres a spare Forsaken with no plotheavy actions to be on with. Oooh he spied on Rand for a few books. More or less every Forsaken placement has given them a task, something to progress with PLOTWISE. Osan'gar just lingered, did NOTHING, and got killed before Rand even knew he might have been Forsaken. I refuse to believe all his scientist tricks could only be pulled off with the True Power. Why didnt he have some hidden lab somewhere? Bah.
If he built a lab somewhere, what would he put in it? All the ecientific equipment of his own Age is lost, and he can't rebuild it. He can't rebuild the stuff he would need to rebuild the equipment.

Well there was his involvement in the attack on Rand in the Sun Palace, I'd say that progressed the plot.   I always thought that the DO would eventually set him to developing new shadowspawn which would have been somewhat interesting.   But overall he was only moderately interesting to me as either Aginor or Osan'gar so "meh." (Aran'gar is much more interesting IMHO)

Ishy/Moridin: In a series where 99% of the characters do what they do for selfish reasons, and the other 1% are all good guys....it's just nice that one of the bad guys does what he does because he really believes in what he's doing. Some of my favorite scenes in the series are when Ishy/Moridin wax poetic on the virtues of destroying existence.

Lanfear: It's not that she doesn't wish for power, it's that she loved Rand/LTT and has such a lust for power that she wanted to ally with Rand to destroy the DO and the Creator himself! Mwahahaha. She was interesting to watch also because she had some of the more human motivations behind what she did. Another one of my favorite scenes is when Lanfear is trying to convince Rand to join her, and LTT pipes through with something like, "There is nothing to you but a lust for power Mieren. I stopped loving you long before Ilyena, though you won't beleive it". And Lanfear was holding her stomach like she was about to throw up.

Semirhage: She's just been one of the more mysterious and effective Forsaken in the series. I love her facination and expertise with torture. I wish the series would have had more of it. It's chilling how at the meetings she's always doing mundane things like knitting, when you get hints from even the other Forsaken that they fear her just because of how cruel she is.

animegirl...I always got a kick out of Rahvin because because he was such an open and unabashed PERV lol!!! ... I don't approve ... but the dude WAS pretty funny...and the fact that he was Nailing Morgase...MAJOR PROPS!!! ;)

Mr Ares...You got me on that one lol. ... Of course, the question then is, Would The Daughter of The Night Choose a Throne or LTT??? (if she could only have one)

I always took the quote you referenced to mean that it was more about her 'Power' over LTT...The 'Hold' she felt like she had over him...

Who knows, maybe LTT maybe always felt that Lanfear was leading him around on strings?

Fish

No, Lanfear has always desired power. Probably even higher asperations to power then the other Forsaken. As I said, she wanted to go over the DO's head, and ally with Rand to destroy him. She's also the one who caused the Bore in the first place because she wanted to tap into the True Source.

The thing about Lanfear is that I think there was, and perhaps still is, a core that wants to do good with the power. She tapped the True Source with good intentions, and she wanted to rule the world with Rand. The problem is that she's willing to do anything to get that power, and obviously her love of LTT made her insane/petty/vendictive(choose your negative emotion of choice)

So yeah, I think there is a kernal of goodness in Lanfear. And she loved LTT(which is more honest emotion then you see out of most of the other Forsaken....can you imagine Gren or Semi in love with anyone?). It's her lust for power that really corrupts her.

1. Graendal - she's the forsaken version of the hot librarian, dead sexy LITTERALY and killer smart, again LITTERALY!

2. Asmodean - I'm on the case and looking to close it like i did the one of who is Messaana, but it is knawing and just hangin out there.

3. Demandred - only because i have a new theory about where we should start looking for him.  Once again its because i dunno who he is yet but am on the case and looking at new directions in how to find out.

Well there was his involvement in the attack on Rand in the Sun Palace, I'd say that progressed the plot.   I always thought that the DO would eventually set him to developing new shadowspawn which would have been somewhat interesting.   But overall he was only moderately interesting to me as either Aginor or Osan'gar so "meh." (Aran'gar is much more interesting IMHO)

Thats what I mean. Any idiot can watch Rand. Why put a scientist to waste on it? The attack on Rand at the Sun Palace wasnt planned IIRC, so that cant count towards his placement. The Shadow should have thought of something when Rand took Osan'gar with him. You know, at them meetings in TAR? At least Arangar messed with Egwenes head a bit

2 Messana ... she was very boring ino until she started getting repeatedly YOUKNOWWHATED by SH. She may be a Chosen, but she is still a woman...seeing her try to rebound from these brutal violations has been interesting (though it probably should have been touched upon a bit more.)

I must have totally missed this. I mean, obviously she has been put through a difficult time, but I never got the impression that it was, eh 'you know what'. Are there any quotes or passages out there that can make this a little more explicit?

Hi guys, im going to try to dig the exact locations out, but there are two main scenes that seeeeeeeeem to pretty much imply that...well...lets just be blunt...that she is being subjected to a series of rapes by SH.

1 Late in COT

2 Early in KOD

Mainly, the scene in KOD is what is becomeing known as The Forsaken Social ... observations are made about (don't remember exact words) timid, scared, drawn appearance.

It sounds like a bad deal - even for a Forsaken :(

Fish

Graendal - She's always been my fav Forsaken for some reason. Think it's just because out of all of them, she seems the least consumed by the Shadow. Plus the way hides her subtle manipulations behind being very obvious.

Aran'gar - It's quite amusing although very frustrating how she has everyone fooled.

Semi - She always seemed to be the most evil of the Forsaken.

Hey Feral...I actually sorta always saw ALOT of similarities between The First of Mayne and Graendal...but, im kinda odd...

Fish

Yeah, lol why is Berelain the only Light Server that is given super huge sex drive and appeal.  Sure there are all of the ladies w/ big breasts, every woman just about in Randland is fairly busty, but the super sex driven ones are 1 Light serving lady in Berelain and two lady forsaken in Lanfear/Cyndane, and Graendal, then of course we have lady bodied male minded Aran'gar repping forsaken sexy too but that is seriously funny and wierd too...hahaha WAY OFF TOPIC SORRY!

Yeah, lol why is Berelain the only Light Server that is given super huge sex drive and appeal.  Sure there are all of the ladies w/ big breasts, every woman just about in Randland is fairly busty, but the super sex driven ones are 1 Light serving lady in Berelain and two lady forsaken in Lanfear/Cyndane, and Graendal, then of course we have lady bodied male minded Aran'gar repping forsaken sexy too but that is seriously funny and wierd too...hahaha WAY OFF TOPIC SORRY!

Hah, im actually kinda glad that the whole sex thing isn't shoved in our faces in this series. I live in a world were sex is just thrown around constantly, everytime you listen to the radio, tv, movies and so forth. When I read I like to take a break from how skanky the world has become lol.

Archived