DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fruit

Locke

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, no, it was a group persuasive speech.  My group and I were only able to get together, for the very first time, on Sunday, the day before.  We totally sucked.

I did the worst of all of us.  I completely forgot most of what I was going to say, and stammered and blushed and paused a bunch of times.  I believe our speech didn't meet the minimum time requirement, either.

We talked about the subject one of my group members picked; Whatever Happened to Sportsmanship?  Basically we talked about unsportsmanlike behavior and the growing plague it is, and how to help fight it.

My group members were really nice to me afterward, considering I botched my part of the speech.

lol.  That's like what I do since I procrastinate so much.

I've always hated giving speeches.  I don't like standing in front of people and talking.  It doesn't matter if I prepare before hand and know what I'm going to do.  My mind still has to work overtime to figure out what to say in what would normally happen easily.  My mind's trying to remember what to say and then remember all those "little things" to do as well and it just doesn't work since instinct doesn't help me at all.  And I bet my face is red the entire time. :D

lol..

I missed one week (classes are only on sat mornings) and the next , an outline for our persuasive speech was supposed to be due..

I got home at 2AM, then stayed up until AM to finish it...(I am persuading the class to read TWoT)...

Class is at 8AM, so I had to get up at 7AM.....

Two hours of sleep, but I got it done, speech isn't for another few weeks...so I am good right?

Wrong!!! That evil woman of a teacher (she is really nice actually) decides to move the due date to the next week!!!

Son of a B**ch!!!!

it taught me a lesson...for awhile anyways...I am sure I will still procrastinate....

Anyways...that was my story...

lol....I get nervous while speaking, but everyone says I am natural about it...

so I feel a little bit more confident for it....

a group one? for four hours?

:D No, I said I had to give it in four hours, meaning at the time of my post the speech was four hours away.  It was supposed to be a 10-12 minute speech. :D

Yeah, some people are just natural speakers.

I'm not one of 'em.  Sometimes, I'll answer a question in class, and then start blushing after I'm done.  For no reason.  I'll give a good answer, or a decent one, but I still blush.

I have massive stage fright.

I'm actually very surprised that I did so well in The Hollow, the play I was in my senior year.  I was one of the most important characters (there weren't really any "main" characters, so to speak), the comic relief actually, and I did a good job.

I guess the difference between acting and speaking/lying is that in acting, you don't have to be yourself.  So you don't have to worry what other people think of you.

Archived