DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Balefire and the Finns

imsoen

Say someone goes through the ter'angreal doorway, does the Q&A with the Finn and the Finns grab all their memories. Then that person leaves and gets Balefired. Would the memories still exist? And if they did, could they be reborn/resurrected using the memories from the Finns? Of course this is assuming you have a body/mind to put the memories into.

I'd say: Yes.

The actions of the one balefired would not have happened, however the memory still exist

When the darkhounds that slobbered all over Mat were balefired the action was reversed but he could remember it happening, even though it didn't

Yes, but would the Finns still have the memories, or would the balefire have erased that person going to Finnland in the first place? (So the Finns would remember him being there, remember the exchange that took place, but would no longer have the memories.)

As the Finns say, Memory never fades.

So the memories would exist.

As for being reborn, no one remembers past lives lived when they are reborn (except for Rand in a sense, but ignore him). Birgitte's losing memories of her past lives, but they don't fade because she'll probably remember all her lives while in T'A'R.

But being resurrected, the four the DO resurrected have their memories intact, and no signs of fading. But the DO can't cheat death if one dies from balefire though.

As the Finns say, Memory never fades.

So the memories would exist.

Yes, but the exchange never took place. So do the Finns have the memories, or do they only remember that they once had these memories?

If this person never gave their memories over to the Finns, due to balefire, then how could the Finns still have the memories? Wouldn't they only remember that an exchange took place, but they no longer have the effects of the exchange?

It depends on what the Finns actually do with the memories I would say.

If they take the memories for themselves, like Mat having the memories in his head, they are probably memories like any other and will remain with balefire. But they would probably have to I guess I should say, "take in" the memories before the one gets balefired.

But I doubt that is what they do. If the Finns want the memories, it's apparantly for some sort of nourishment I would say. So it'd be like buying a chicken, eating it, and having the person who sold it to you balefired. You'll remember eating a chicken, but you'll be hungry when the guy gets balefired. So they'd probably lose the effects.

Honestly though, it's pretty hard to say anything since we don't know exactly how the finns operate, just that they do.

Archived