DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's sisters.

Rinkai

Encountered this on my current readthrough.

It says that Egwene has sisters. Not like AS sisters, but real blood sisters. It's weird how she never thinks about them and none of the other characters mention them.

I kind of think its a shame. I might have brought an interesting dynamic if one of them were one of the girls that Verin brought back from the Two Rivers.

-Rin

I've been noticing this on my current trawl too. She mentions them, and thinks of them a lot more in the earlier books, definitely. I suppose it was a decision taken not to draw more minor characters. Can't imagine why the line was drawn there though :) I think she might have as many as four, if my short-term memories serve me as well as I hope. That or there were four including her. Perrin/Faile don't even mention them. Which is odd, as Bran and Marin al'Vere are clearly big influences on the Two Rivers characters.

Not for sure on this, but I always got the impression that Egwene was the youngest and still living in the Inn with her parents. It could be that the sisters have already been married and gone to live elsewhere or out in the farms surrounding Emond's Field.

It's kind of the same thing with Perrin's Family. Again, Perrin as an apprentice, stayed with the Luhann's during the week to be closer to his job. But I'm sure went back to stay with his parents when possible. You just don't read about it.

Again, just my opinion, nothing to confirm this. Hope it helps though.

Some people just aren't close to their families.
Lucky beggars.

There are three mentioned in the prologue/ prequel/short story that was from Egwene's PoV, four including her. Does anyone remember the name of it?
Ravens? According to Encyclopaedia-WoT, her sisters are Berowyn (the eldest), Alene (like Berowyn, was allowed to braid her hair at 16, age not given), Elisa (18), Loise (15). Egwene is the youngest. Aside from Ravens, there's only one mention of them, Egwene wondering if her sisters are well in WH.

Oh, i thought one of verin's WAS her sister. Maybe it was a cousin?

No mention of any of them with Verin. Mat's sister was with Verin and Alanna, though.

Archived