DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is There A Character That It Woud Just BREAK Your Heart If They Died? - For Me:

The Fisher King

Yeah, Loial has always popped into my mind as one of the characters that would really sting if they died. Something about big, goofy, self effacing characters that just endear themselves. I remember reading an interview from J.K Rowling where her sister told her, "If you kill Hagrid, I'll never forgive you" :D

I see almost anyone else as totally up for grabs. In fact, characters like Lan, Cads, and maybe Rand I think would improve the story to allow them to die in epic ways.

Also, it would break my heart to see Faile die just for the effect it would have on Perrin.

Several characters in fact (bit like Harry Potter)

Aviendha's too cool to die - so's Egwene.

Bela also, because I cried for poor Hedwig in HP.

There are many characters I like - Nynaeve's fun for instance, with her braid-tugging.

Then also it depends on how they die, and if a less central character had a heroic death, then yes, it would probably break my heart.

Loial.

That would quite simply be The.Wrongest.Thing.Ever.

Fish

That is definately who popped into my head. Second would be Mat, mainly because I love his story line and he is actually a relief after listening to all the politics that Rand has to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

I think people needs to die. Harry Potter last book sucked, cause no major guys really died. Only thise few we dont really get connected to.

So rather then writing who shouldnt die, Ill write who I think SHOULD die:

Lan, defending Nyn against major forsaken

Nyn, avenging Lan. Killing the forsaken, but dying herself

Rand. He needs to die. There is no room for him after the war, like there was no room for frodo.

Moiraine. If she comes back, like it seems, she cant be wandering around. Too cool for the white tower.

Bela, so all theese silly jokes could end.

Those are the major "good side" guys I wanna see dead.

All the dark side guys will die Im sure. Taim included.

I think people needs to die. Harry Potter last book sucked, cause no major guys really died. Only thise few we dont really get connected to.

Damn man, I wouldn't really say that. Being a fan of books more so then of movies, I am also one that enjoys a good, meaningful death rather then overly happy endings, but considering what Harry Potter is(even if the last 3 or 4 books were more mature) it was a relitive bloodbath. *Harry Potter spoilers ahead, if anyone still cares*....

Hedwig and Moody bit it. Tonks and Lupin were absolutely heartbreaking after just having a kid together. And personally I always found Snape's death just as touching as Dumbledore, if not more so. After Sirius and Dumbledore dying in the previous books, there really was not too many more people to kill off.

Sure, you could have killed of one off the main three, but really it wouldn't have meant much with Ron or Hermine, and the truth of the matter is that Harry just wasn't that great of a hero. Hermine was always the one with the ideas, and great men like Snape and Dumbledore are the ones that rightfully, and meaningfully sacrificed themselves. If Harry had died, he would have just been a lamb....and that would have been pretty weak.

So rather then writing who shouldnt die, Ill write who I think SHOULD die:

Lan, defending Nyn against major forsaken

Agreed. But I think he should die in a battle in the borderlands. Nyn accepted what he was, and I think it would actually be diminishing if he died defending Nyn. He should die at Tarwin's Gap, rallying his fleeing troops to one more charge to finally break the ranks of Trollocs and Myrddraul shouting "Tai'shar Malkier forward!" and being struck down by a hail of arrows. 

Nyn, avenging Lan. Killing the forsaken, but dying herself

No, Nyn should live. She is one of the strongest people in the series, and dying would be too easy for her after Lan dies. She is a healer, she should be alive to heal the world after Tarmon Gaiden.

Rand. He needs to die. There is no room for him after the war, like there was no room for frodo.

I am beginning to agree with this idea more and more.

Moiraine. If she comes back, like it seems, she cant be wandering around. Too cool for the white tower.

Eh. Perhaps if she can do something cool with it. She's already sacrificed herself to kill the strongest female forsaken to save Rand from death or servitude to Lanfear. With Moiraine coming back it would feel hokey to have her come back and then die in anything but a grand fashion. But it would take a helluva thing to top what she's already done.

One of my picks of this sort.....

Cadsuane: I am becoming more and more sure that what she needs to teach Rand will involve her death. She is one of my favorite characters, and the more people bring up this subject, the more I am convinced that she is going to have an awsome death scene.

Yeah I'll be gutted if Cadsuane dies, although her spot as one of my favorites is wavering at the mo. Cant say why here though

She was one of my favorites and she's losing ground too. I think its because, in trying to keep her and her agenda mysterious they have stopped developing her as a character and made her into more of a caricature... she went from cool and mysterious to tedious and annoying - a little, at least.

For me though, what made her good was her force of personality combined with her experience. Cadsuanes mistery factor was never one of the ones that kept me anticipating, not like Verin. KoD set her up for a brilliant rivalry with Semirhage. The fact that she doesnt take crap off anyone, even Rand, is one of the things I like about her. That time when her and Rand pinned each other to the wall with the Power was great.

As I said, I cant divulge why her spot is wavering.

For me though, what made her good was her force of personality combined with her experience. Cadsuanes mistery factor was never one of the ones that kept me anticipating, not like Verin. KoD set her up for a brilliant rivalry with Semirhage. The fact that she doesnt take crap off anyone, even Rand, is one of the things I like about her. That time when her and Rand pinned each other to the wall with the Power was great.

As I said, I cant divulge why her spot is wavering.

LOL - I misread what you said. I thought you were saying 'I can't say why' as in 'you weren't sure'... and I was agreeing with you. Since I'm finishing up a re-read of KoD, I haven't read what might come next... so I understand you perfectly now.

Archived