DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Characters-''Death Scene'' - Affected You the Most During Books 1 - 11?

The Fisher King

Well, this might be weird, but, for me, it may have been Mangin.

Like Berelain said in the book, a man willingly walking to his own Hanging??? - INTENSE!!!

Moirane Damodred's ''Death'' was an intense moment for me, but for alot of DIFFERENT reasons. That scene just had soooooooo many freaking IMPLICATIONS!!! - The way it messed Rand up...the way Lanfear went through the doorway...the fact that it was an example of the bitter irony of one woman (Moirane) paying the price because Rand couldn't bring himself to harm another (Lanfear) woman.

I felt REALLY bad for Thom when Dena bit it.

I also felt really bad for Mat when Tylin did - sorta a turning point for Mat.

Fish

Rinkai: I think his name was Moore. But, whatever his name, that was definetly sad. Along with all the others, I would include the little girl in the Stone that Rand tries to bring back from the dead. Not because we see her die, but to me she represents all of the "civilian" casualties you get in wars. Its one thing when soldiers meet on the battlefield and kill each other, its another when innocents get killed as a result of war. Not trying to be preachy. :-[

My first thoughts have already been mentioned. Moraine--particularly her letter to Rand--and Mangin.

Also, the pretty accepted from New Spring that died during the test for the shawl. I don't remember her name, just that she wanted to be Green. It was kinda glossed over, but incredibly sad nonetheless.

While I found most of the deaths listed previously to be more more touching, the one that affected me the most was the peddler who stopped at the wrong village. There was no redemption, no honor, not even any malice involved. Just a horrific side effect of our buddy, the Dark One.
That would be the one from KoD 10: A Village in Shiota? Well, if it makes you feel any better, Mat's not convinced that peddler died: "He wished he could believe the peddler was dead". No need to be sad for him now.

I think this thread stands as proof positive that the no-one we care about/no-one for the Light dies in WoT people are talking out of their...I'm sure you can guess. And I think Reanne Corly's death deserves a mention.

While I found most of the deaths listed previously to be more more touching, the one that affected me the most was the peddler who stopped at the wrong village. There was no redemption, no honor, not even any malice involved. Just a horrific side effect of our buddy, the Dark One.
That would be the one from KoD 10: A Village in Shiota? Well, if it makes you feel any better, Mat's not convinced that peddler died: "He wished he could believe the peddler was dead". No need to be sad for him now.

Yeah, that one.  If he's not dead, the options get worse.  I doubt the Dark One just wanted to see what could be done with mice and figs.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In tFoH, Ch 54-To Caemlyn, when Rand Skims with Mat, Aviendha and his Aiel bodyguard, when one of the Aiel falls off the platform, into black nothingness, falling endlessly, and Rand wonders whether starvation or madness would take the unnamed unfortunate's life, that struck me as one of the worst deaths in the book, along with Liah's death in Shadar Logoth.

In tFoH, Ch 54-To Caemlyn, when Rand Skims with Mat, Aviendha and his Aiel bodyguard, when one of the Aiel falls off the platform, into black nothingness, falling endlessly, and Rand wonders whether starvation or madness would take the unnamed unfortunate's life, that struck me as one of the worst deaths in the book, along with Liah's death in Shadar Logoth.

Liah's death is a good one, and easily forgotten. That one touched me too.

One of the Asha'man who, when battling the Seanchan with Rand in Path of Daggers, got lightninged by Rand since he lost control of saidin. I think his name was Adley, but I'm not sure. The man that you're following and fighting besides suddenly turns on you and kills you? I don't know if I'm another Asha'man and I want to follow Rand anymore. Hey, at least Taim is teaching different weaves...

Archived