DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To open the Book of Translation (KOD Question)

kittydesmond

Chapter:19 VOWS

Loial's Mother says the book of translation must be opened (page 404).

Does anyone understand what the book of translation is, is it about using portal stones?? Or something else?

I have read this book twice and I dont believe I remember any other mention of it in any other books...Help?

Given that WoT is our future and our past I think the accepted theory in The Ogier travle to other worlds and build new steddings and at some point move to a new world, but there is a world rotation so the time they return to a world so much time has past they were completly forgotten except in legend or myth.

The best idea that I've heard on this, is that its a mathmatical translation, like in physics or geometry. You move all points of an object or figure a certain distance in the same direction. So if the Ogier were to be translated, they would all be moved somewhere else. This fits the theory that the Ogier are actually colonists from another dimension. The Book of Translation would be the vehicle that would move them back and forth.

Yeah i pretty much like the idea Kathana put forward too... some have suggested its a recording of the Numbers of Choas (that Verin mentioned were known to those who made the Portal Stones, and which i suspect are pretty much what Kat described) which fits in my mind because i believe that the Ogier were brought to this world following a massive cataclysm that was a result of a war between channelers and technology when channeling first appeared. I believe the Portal Stones and the discovery of the Ogier where the actions of repentant channelers (the first Servants of All) in a bid to either escape or find a way to heal the world... and the Ogier aided with that.

Others suggest its a ter'angreal... which i doubt, given its to be used by the Ogier... but who knows.

Archived