DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A-League (Aussie)

Ashaman DeRouge

So I dont care if this thread goes straight to internet purgatory, but I'm just CHUFFED that my home team the Central Coast Mariners thrashed last years champions Melbourne Victory 4-0 away last night.

Awesome performance.

PS I LOATHE Archie Thompson. Over-rated hack. Same goes for Mrdja, so you know I'm not biased.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the first game back after the international break, and the Mariners do it again.

5-1 THRASHING of North Queensland Fury, and just to prove me wrong, Mrdja got 2.

That victory is without our usual 2 strikers either, and the one goal conceded without our main Center Back either.

Oh, Robbie Fowler (Yes, THE Robbie Fowler) was contained by our defence. Just throwin' it out there.

Wooooo Mariners!

• 2 months later...

So I dont care if this thread goes straight to internet purgatory, but I'm just CHUFFED that my home team the Central Coast Mariners thrashed last years champions Melbourne Victory 4-0 away last night.

Awesome performance.

PS I LOATHE Archie Thompson. Over-rated hack. Same goes for Mrdja, so you know I'm not biased.

So . . . chuffed means pleased?  Because I was reading it as "pissed" until I saw that your team thrashed last year's champs.  Unless "thrashed" in aussie speak means "got crushed by", in which case chuffed does mean pissed.

Anyone have an Aussie-English dictionary lying about?

notaknife.jpg

Archived