DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why do a lot of poeple seem to think its okay

bjclinton

To post little "snippets" about TGS? How hard is it to not mention or allude to anything at all in the book??? This post applies to a small percentage of people on these boards and not the majority, but its a little obnoxious with all of the posts telling people to NOT post, yet its still being done.

I've been on DM for years and this is the first time that I'm disappointed in the lack of respect from some posters.

Out of respect for the rest of us, can you please refrain from even insinuating potential plot lines, story lines or things that could happen- regardless of how generic you may feel that they are?

Thank you

Annoying and disrespectful as it might be, this time is a lot better than some of the previous releases, when people posted huge spoilers on general boards. Spoilers like Alviarins encounter with SH in COT.

So it has improved a lot. Still, it can get even better. After all, 'No spoilers whatsoever allowed' is quite hard to misinterpret...

Sadly the last idiot has yet to be born. One could argue that in order to be able to write in english you must be able to read & understand english. Perhaps that is not so.

I bequest all you idiots out there to stop spoiling The Gathering Storm for us normal people.

I have little sympathy for you. Stop acting so incensed about being spoiled when you could have done what I did and taken a hiatus from internet forums until you've read the book.
Given that the rules are quite clear that there are to be no spoilers, I fail to see why anyone should need to take a hiatus.

I have little sympathy for you. Stop acting so incensed about being spoiled when you could have done what I did and taken a hiatus from internet forums until you've read the book.
Given that the rules are quite clear that there are to be no spoilers, I fail to see why anyone should need to take a hiatus.

Because rules are always broken.  Especially on the internet.

We're doing better this time on spoilers. But the only way to be absolutely certain of avoiding them is to avoid all WoT sites. Because we can't screen every post before it goes public, it's the only way to be certain.

I have little sympathy for you.  Stop acting so incensed about being spoiled when you could have done what I did and taken a hiatus from internet forums until you've read the book.

........maybe you should take another hiatus.... :o

As for the moderators, thanks for doing a good job and reacting quickly to the spoilers that have been posted in the general forums so far.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the TGS forum?

Sorry, poor joke. WWWwombat is right in that by going on this site or even the Facebook page of the WoT you run the inherent risk of seeing a spoiler (I'm guilty of posting that). However, the mods have done a pretty great job on keeping them to a minimum and apparently the level of spoilers is fairly low going by what Majsju said.

i've read half of tGS and i can see from both sides.

i don't want people spoiling what i haven't read yet, but there are also threads the pop up where i could insert tGS info and either solve an issue or put and argument to rest.

that being said, i tend to stay out of last sort of threads out of respect for other posters.  *nods*

so rule of thumb.  if you can't post it with out adding a spoiler, then don't post at all

Indeed, I gotta say Wombat your position is condusive to this happening. Whilst your right about the fact that we'll never be able to completely stop spoilers, resigning to the fact is counter-productive.

I may be resigned to spoilers popping up here but I'm not posting any myself.

Archived