DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AES SEDAI., FORSAKEN QUESTION

rabbittmaster

Time in this series seem to be only forward, never backward.  Time travel could only be possible if people could go both directions in time.

Like I posted in another thread: if time travel becomes possible at one time, it would become possible for all times since there would not be any way to exclude any time.

Time in this series seem to be only forward, never backward.  Time travel could only be possible if people could go both directions in time.

Like I posted in another thread: if time travel becomes possible at one time, it would become possible for all times since there would not be any way to exclude any time.

Actually, some proposed methods of time travel only allow travel to times in which the machine existed.

Seeing as time can flow differently thru some of the mirrored worlds (ala the portal stones) in theory you could.  If you find the right (or perhaps wrong) world you could go in, spend a day and come out 100 or 1000 years in the future.  Heck in theory, simply traveling the Ways is a form a time travel.  I also seem to recall something of vacule (sp?) where they did experiments in with may things including time.

Actually, some proposed methods of time travel only allow travel to times in which the machine existed.

So the machine's creation and times after that moment?  I have not heard of that kind of thing.

The time travel I heard of (which is more than one source), the people were able to go to times both before and after the machine's creation.

Seeing as time can flow differently thru some of the mirrored worlds (ala the portal stones) in theory you could.  If you find the right (or perhaps wrong) world you could go in, spend a day and come out 100 or 1000 years in the future.  Heck in theory, simply traveling the Ways is a form a time travel.  I also seem to recall something of vacule (sp?) where they did experiments in with may things including time.

In each of those examples, time seems to be only forward not backward.

If that kind of thing applies to this series, my comments might also apply since it would most likely be done through channeling and since I take all weaves were made by the Creator before the cycle began.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think that the weaves were "made" by the creator, in theor there are unlimited things that you can do with the power, humans have just called them "weaves", it is human labelling, just like the five powers, they technically dont exist, humans just labbeled them as such. Somewhere along the line, people experimented and when they didn't explode or accidently liquify someone, they Healed someone, labbeled it as "Healing" and did the same with all the known weaves. The weaves are created by the user more than anything else.

Look at it this way: you are given a lump of playdo, you can make whatever you want, but if you are not careful the playdo could be dangerous. Try to make a fireball, you might explode, try to Heal someone, the mgt melt. One Power weavng is like this; make your own weaves, but you dont know what they will do.

Archived