DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hands

loneashaman

This is my first post on here, and I'm going to try not to put any spoilers in case anyone hasn't read throughout the entire series.  I'm still waiting for my copy of The Gathering Storm, but have read through the entire series, started back in 2003.  I've reread some books, as well as reread some sections of books that I've enjoyed.

Anyway, did anyone catch the part, early on in the series(Not sure which book off hand, though I think it might be The Dragon Reborn or Shadow Rising, possibly Lord of Chaos), where Nynaeve said that reconnecting a person to the source after being gentled would be like reattaching a person's hand after losing it?  Now, not to spoil for anyone, but does this ring any bells for possibilities for the upcoming books?

I know what part you are talking about and it is a possibility. It wouldn't be the first time that the "impossible" is done. Also Robert Jordan has done some serious foreshadowing so this could be some. I guess you'll have to find out in the next three books. I'm not quite finished with The Gathering Storm so I'm not sure if it happens there or not, but if it does happen at all I think it'll probably be in the las or second to last book.

Simply because of the whole Fisher King tie in, I think that Rand will get his hand back at some point. The Fisher King is holding a hand over a wound in his side AND holding a staff.

The Fisher does not hold a staff, you are mixing the description with one of Mins viewings, where she saw a beggar staff around Rand.

Archived