• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this link:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,37665.0.html

Most of the timeline is still accurate, read more here: 

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,49009.0.html

At this point in the timeline, the Bowl of the Winds has been used (this was never roleplayed out though so we are in the process of retroactively RPing that event), the Seanchan are not in Ebou Dar yet, our "Mat" character (named Calder) is about to kidnap the daughter of the nine moons with the Band, the Black Tower has come to the White Tower to offer an alliance which will result in first the Red Ajah bonding/being bonded by BTers, followed shortly after by other Ajahs.  The Cleansing of Saidin has not yet happened but is the next "Major" event planned.

Hope this helps!

Claire

• 2 weeks later...

:) Well the first thing to do is decide which RP Group you're interested in creating a character for. You can find out more about them in the sticky threads at the top of this board. Once you've chosen, you can write up a bio for the character and submit it to the bio email for that RP Group. Bio guidelines can be found on the relevant "out of character" Division boards (for example White Tower (DR Div) or Freelanders (DR Div) as well as on their websites or at the PSW Wiki.

The best place to begin is by reading any stickied threads at the top of the RP Group boards. If you need further help, feel free to contact the RP Group Leaders.

A lot of those weapons don't exist as far as we know.  At least they've never been mentioned before.  Tomahawks for example, have never made an appearance in WoT as far I recall.  True katana's and wakizashi' also don't exist.  The sword we seem to see most often (Rand, Lan, etc...) has a katana blade, but has the hilt more akin to a European longsword.  Around the PSW we usually call it a Warder sword.  

For the most part though, nobody is going to be picky about what you call your weapons.  You could name your twin swords Betty and Susan and no one would say anything.  Out loud anyway  :D

• 1 year later...

I have a question about the PSW as it relates to the Randland depicted in the books. While I've been able to gather that the PSW isn't exactly the book world, I've also seen that it does reflect it closely. So to what extent is knowledge of the books needed? Can someone who hasn't yet completed his WoT reading participate without running into spoilers? And can this person be a part of the RP without managing to post something completely ridiculous which wouldn't work if PSW events have progressed beyond whatever book someone is up to? (As a hypothetical example, if some city or other has been pillaged and destroyed quite thoroughly and I haven't read about it yet, I would look somewhat foolish having my character traveling there and enjoying life in that city.) The RP has seemed a bit interesting, but if either or both of these obstacles are too much, I would likely just hold off my joining till I catch up with everyone else. Whenever that is.

Edited by Basel Gill

Hey Basel! Good to see you here :biggrin:

It would depend somewhat on what Group your character is in. What book have you read up to? I think if it's up to about book 8 or 9, you should be ok.

Hey Basel! Good to see you here :biggrin:

It would depend somewhat on what Group your character is in. What book have you read up to? I think if it's up to about book 8 or 9, you should be ok.

Well, I guess I have a small ways to go then. I've only done books 0-5. :wink:

Id have to agree with elgee. The group yoou choose to rp will dictate wether you run into problems with the main timeline. Also u have to take in mind that it will take time before your character has developed enough to be allowed to roam on their own and in the time between ull be able to count on teachers and friends to help u out till u finish the rest of the books....which u need to do immediately! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So i am curious about rp but i have never actually done it(aside from video games lol) and im not sure how to start or really what its all about... dont even know the lingo or any of that so if i could get some pointers or even the right person to ask( cuz im probably asking alot) it would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you read the stickies in this thread we have all the information on what rp is, what the PSW is, how to get started and information on people to contact. Read up on the top threads in this board and if you still have questions don't hesitate to ask, but those threads should answer most of your questions.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Gon, for which groups are you writing Bios? It would be easier to start from that perspective. For instance if you're doing a WT bio, you won't be mentioning the main time line at all, as your bio would be in some nebulous retro time line.

• 2 months later...