DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Signing questions and answers

JenniferL

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be going to the signing on the 16th and the questions that I had written down during my reading were:

1. Can I keep my hope that you will cover the meeting of Perrin/Galad/Morgase in the next book or will this remain off screen

2. Why was Verin suddenly in a hurry to impart her information?  Couldnt she wait a few more days to get the oath rod and try that?  Why suddenly in such a hurry?

3. What happened to Mattin Stepenaos during the attack?

May not be important questions to others, but are to me.  This book was great but will loose points if the meetings I have been waiting patiently for only happen off screen.

I also have a couple frustrations I would like to ask about if the opportunity arises.

1. Why mention that sword at the beginning of the book and then never explain during this book.  Also, did I miss something, what happened to Laman's sword that Rand carried?

2. The same goes with the sea folk question.  Some mysteries should get asked and answered in the same book I think...

On another note, the Sulin thing was odd, I thought that sort of thing would have been caught by the team.

Regards,

Yarazin

I plan to ask about Graendal at the Atlanta signing, if it isn't answered by then.

I asked some questions about Graendal, although I'm not sure they are the ones you planned to ask - I'll be transcribing them tomorrow. I'll make sure I post them (and the link), and when we do the summary for Dragonmount, I'll have them included.

Unfortunately where I live is never close to any signing, so if anyone can take a favor I'd very much appreciate it, and it won't be any sort of RAFO question either.

All I want is just a confirmation that as Brandon Sanderson wrote in the book, Rand with the True Power is as powerful as he was when he held the Choedan Kal with the One Power.  People seem to think Rand is confused and conflating the ecstacy with the power (even though they're clearly distinguished in the passage), but I'd just like a confirmation.  And if it can be followed up upon, then are there limits to drawing the True Power like there is with the One Power (because theoritically, Moridin should have never been worried about the Wise Ones forming a true circle since he could draw far more of the True Power if he was the same as Rand, though he did draw more of the TP to nearly match Rand with Callandor, so there's some conflicting messages there)?

Umm No moridin didn't draw as much to nearly match callandor, he drew until the dark aura around him seemed to absorb the light, Unless there is a quote somewhere that i missed, that never happened. But yeah ask id like to know the answer to that question aswell lol.

1. Why mention that sword at the beginning of the book and then never explain during this book.  Also, did I miss something, what happened to Laman's sword that Rand carried?

Wasn't it just BS's nod toward sword HE was given? He was allowed to take one sword from RJ's collection of swords and took very Rand-appropriate looking sword which seems to fit describition in the book.

Seems like BS's nod toward RJ "Thanks for the sword" thing. Nothing important & won't play big part in future thingie.

Might also be that Laman's sword is 2 handed(seems like most swords in Randland are) and this one is one handed. Would be useful enough for Rand now ;-)

Warning: Potential spoilers for the entire Mistborn Series, if you do not want to know, do not read ahead!

I was one of the Chicago Storm Leaders, and was able to ask some questions of Brandon before the signing itself, most everything was repeated at the signing at one point or another, except for one detail; Brandon mentioned a tidbit about Towers of Midnight.

There is a very small detail in books 4-6, not sure which one that will end up playing a huge role in Towers of Midnight (might end up being in amol, but pretty sure he said ToM). This is on a scale of Vin's earring in Mistborn, with how that was such a minor detail touched on in book one, and ended up being the key detail that saved the day in the end. That kind of small detail.

So, go nuts with your speculation folks.

I'm surprised people arent discussing more abt this..This is probably the only confirmed answer BS has given till now.Question: Small detail 4-6 meaning the detail is there in each of the books 4,5,6 or in one of the three?

I plan to ask about Graendal at the Atlanta signing, if it isn't answered by then.

This might be the answer you were hoping for...

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70663#poststop

I did ask for Brandon to give us a "toast" comment regarding Graendal. I will be transcribing those responses today.

I'll be including all of the questions and answers in the SLC report.

Warning: Potential spoilers for the entire Mistborn Series, if you do not want to know, do not read ahead!

I was one of the Chicago Storm Leaders, and was able to ask some questions of Brandon before the signing itself, most everything was repeated at the signing at one point or another, except for one detail; Brandon mentioned a tidbit about Towers of Midnight.

There is a very small detail in books 4-6, not sure which one that will end up playing a huge role in Towers of Midnight (might end up being in amol, but pretty sure he said ToM). This is on a scale of Vin's earring in Mistborn, with how that was such a minor detail touched on in book one, and ended up being the key detail that saved the day in the end. That kind of small detail.

I'm surprised people arent discussing more abt this..This is probably the only confirmed answer BS has given till now.Question: Small detail 4-6 meaning the detail is there in each of the books 4,5,6 or in one of the three?

Brandon mentioned that Peter knows what the secret is - Peter said that what we had discussed on this thread (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2514), that none of what we discussed up to when I sent out a tweet yesterday about it is the secret. So, back to the drawing board. I asked Brandon another question about the Books 4-6 during the signing last night...you can see it recorded on uStream from last night, or you can wait for the transcription.

(From the Theoryland link)

Brandon: Um – I think that you may see some of this in the encyclopedia. How is that for a Robert Jordan answer for you. The encyclopedia is coming. [stuff about the Big White Book]. It is actually going to be an encyclopedia…Harriet, Maria and Alan are working on that. Memory of Light comes first so they have to keep dividing their time. My guess would be 2012, but if we’re really on the ball, I would think releasing it the same year of the last volume would be a smart thing to do…Peter will you take a note to let Maria know that I told them that that might happen so she is not blind sided by it. She and Harriet will have to decide if that goes in if anything regarding that goes in. The original treaty between the Aelfinn and Eelfinn and mankind. Just remind me to talk to Harriet to talk to Maria about it.

Great news! I like that!

It first appeared in one of those three books, it may be in all of them or only one. We don't know.

This might be the answer you were hoping for...

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70663#poststop

I did ask for Brandon to give us a "toast" comment regarding Graendal. I will be transcribing those responses today.

I'll be including all of the questions and answers in the SLC report.

Yeah, the only thing I needed an answer on was "Did Graendal Survive?" He didn't answer that directly, but it sounds like he thinks of her as dead. I'll ask next week unless someone else gets to it.

Just came on here today, hoping to get some clue about Graendal, and couldn't believe that the info (yes, no, or RAFO) isn't here!  Then I remembered it's only been 4 days since I finished the book.  Such a long wait for 3 days of reading!  We wait again.

I was just thinking..Rand has only revealed 2 of the questions that he asked the Aelfinn(if my memory isnt failing me..if Rand has revealed all the 3 questions someone plz post the 3rd one )...What if the 3rd answer he gets is the real clue tht will play a huge role in the next books??I mean we havent really discussed about it much and we dont really have any clue as to what question he asked..Thoughts???

No, Brandon could not refer to question from the Finns, that's rather major , it must be much more smaller detail. Something completely unnoticeable who most people would not think of any importance.

Rand is indeed confused and conflating the ecstasy with the power. Here is a quote from Robert Jordan himself to prove it

Q: And so the other Forsaken seem to be afraid of using the True Power?

RJ: Well, they are, because they know this; they will use it when they have to, but they limit it, because they know that if you use it enough to let the saa begin to appear, then you are on a spiral and once they begin appearing, they begin appearing more often. And eventually, unless you are given immortality by the Dark One, you are dead. Now, the thing is, they don't wanna die. This is really great, it is a really great honor to be given the ability to tap into the True Power. Which is not inherently stronger than the One Power. It's not that it is stronger in any way. It is just something that does not have some of the limitations of the One Power. Other people can't feel you embracing it, or using it, like the One Power. LINK

It was already stated by brandon to mrclark that the true power rand drew was not as strong as the amount of saidin he drew with the choedan kal. i think that puts the argument to rest.

my only grievance was the CK destruction, but that is a whole different debate.

I asked BS about that tonight at the DC signing because it bugged me too.  Sanderson said Rand realized that he did not need the CK for the last battle.  BS also said that Rand was not at a point where he needed the CK for anything he wanted to do.  He said the sentence in a way that leads me to believe post epiphany Rand is much stronger than pre epiphany Rand though that is my interpretation of his sentence.

On the subject of the CK, BS said that the true power was not as strong as someone with the CK.  Just it felt as tempting and as addictive as the one power through the CK.

Also, Ishamael nearly matching Rand with Callandor was not evidence of the TP being stronger than saidin. I posted that explanation earlier in the week.

Archived