DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Oath Rod. III

Xarra

Quick question.

The numeral III. We know it can't refer to only 3 oaths per person (the BA hunters have got ppl to swear a 4th oath) - so do you think the number just refers to the rod? Or could it be that it divides the lifespan by 3 or something?

Which numeral was the one Sevanna got?

It was Binder #3 from the Age of Legends Department of Justice.

Sevanna received another one, #111.

There were literally billions of people in the Age of Legends, and that means Justice is going to be an incredibly massive bureaucracy.

With tens of millions of Channelers, perhaps over a hundred million, living all over the world, the Channeler Enforcement Division is going to be huge by itself.

Meaning, of course, there were many, many, many "oath rods". Moreover, since they are the heavily guarded property of the Age of Legends Department of Justice, a massive bureaucracy, they are going to be treated the way any bureaucracy treats important stuff: numbered, labeled and archived.

The one the Aiel had was marked one hundred and eleven.

Was it really???? I wish I had my books with me I have to wait until I get home. III could be mistaken for 111. Not sure if that means anything. Maybe the binders were made in pairs.

It wasn't Roman Numerals, it as the Age of Legends numeral for one hundred and eleven.

Archived