DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Eye of the World cover for the ebook

Segurant

I have been around lurking but not posting, but since I have the day off and sitting in the hotel in Charleston, here I am.

So I was looking at the new cover for the ebook Eye of the World. 

EotW-ebook01-cover.jpg

Somehow I think the inspiration isn't from the book, but from the Pirate Movie, especially the Pirate King.

pk1.gif

Look at the black pants, the flowing white shirt.  Give Rand a hat and well the cod piece, how can he not be the Pirate King!

It doesn't at all give a sense of what the book might be about or at least contain, but it still beats the stuffing out of Sweet's covers. Yay, normal human proportion! Of course, I've always been more a fan of thematic cover illustrations than ones depicting specific scenes.

• Community Administrator

The foriegn covers are the funniest/best ones.

german-7-4_sm.gif

I mean, only the germans would use that as a cover. :P

This one looks like something after Paityr's 'trippy dreams'

8d803b4bb1d260659354e765451434d414f4541.jpg

And only the japanese could ruin a character so much

jp_eotw1.jpg

This looks like FF6!

width=346 height=480http://www.eigenspace.net/wot/jp_eotw2.jpg[/img]

Oddly enough... I can't decide If I hate or love this one.

width=344 height=480http://www.eigenspace.net/wot/jp_eotw3.jpg[/img]

Theres another cover from sweden I can't find... Its probably the most PHALIC art cover I have EVER seen.  It was just so homoerotic it was undeniably swedish. :P

Theres another cover from sweden I can't find... Its probably the most PHALIC art cover I have EVER seen.  It was just so homoerotic it was undeniably swedish. :P

;DIf you do find it...PLEASE post ;D

610191.jpg

Sin, whether or not they look like Yoshitaka Amano's work is irrelevant. I've seen those Japanese covers, and for the most part they do a better job of depicting the actual characters from the books than any other cover I've seen, most of which make it obvious that the artist has never read the material.

Sin, whether or not they look like Yoshitaka Amano's work is irrelevant. I've seen those Japanese covers, and for the most part they do a better job of depicting the actual characters from the books than any other cover I've seen, most of which make it obvious that the artist has never read the material.

Yea, that maybe true but they have a 'very' anime/asian look to the characters, which honestly, probably isn't true at all.

As for the FF6 one, Thats probably just a coincidence, but you can't tell me that Doesn't look like it! But if you look at the over-all style it makes sense.

I said it looks like Yoshitaka Amano's work. Amano, who was responsible for the art direction on more FF games that just 6, Amano, who was also behind such things as the art direction on Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust.

Yea I know that.

I'm simply saying that the book cover looks like the guy (whoever did it) was possibly 'inspired' by that guy, or also possible, does the same style of artwork. That one specific cover is practically straight out of FF6.

And I'm not saying thats a bad thing.

But I am saying that Rand is not that asian, and Tam's sword isn't that straight... and Rand didn't dress as a nobel that early in the series. :P

I said it looks like Yoshitaka Amano's work. Amano, who was responsible for the art direction on more FF games that just 6, Amano, who was also behind such things as the art direction on Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust.

Yea I know that.

I'm simply saying that the book cover looks like the guy (whoever did it) was possibly 'inspired' by that guy, or also possible, does the same style of artwork. That one specific cover is practically straight out of FF6.

And I'm not saying thats a bad thing.

But I am saying that Rand is not that asian, and Tam's sword isn't that straight... and Rand didn't dress as a nobel that early in the series. :P

That being said, I still find myself identifying most with that one. It comes closest to my minds eye image than any others.

• 1 month later...

Archived