DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Babies channeling.

GrandpaG

Before I forget, happy release day to you all.

My local book store has my copy on order.

Can hardly wait.

This topic popped into my head as I was waking up this morning.

I don't remember seeing it here before.

With so many topics, I might have missed it.

Anyway...

Some babies are born with the ability to swim.

Some can be taught.

Some adults die never being able to learn.

The analogy is slim, but it might help to get my point across.

Some channelers are "born with the spark".

Some can be taught.

Most Randlanders will never learn to channel.

Now...finally...here's the thought behind the topic:

Will Elayne's babies be able to channel at birth?

Their mama and papa are both extremely strong in the One Power.

It makes sense to me that they will be born with the spark.

I know.

In the series, even those born with the spark have to reach a certain point of maturity before their ability manifests itself.

But wouldn't it be neat if Elayne's babies just started channeling right away?  ::)

I'm not predicting that they will...I'm just asking wouldn't it be fun to think about.

I can almost see the brother picking on the sister and her wrapping him up with air and him channeling to pour a pitcher of water over her head before she has a chance to shield him.  When Lini turns her back for a second, they open a gateway to the ocean to go for a quick dip.  Setting the cat's tail on fire could get either of them into trouble. >:D

Have some fun with this topic.

Love,

Gramps.

I don't think they will.  So far, the information we have is that, although you can have the spark, the ability of it manifests around puberty.  Remember that the Seanchan test girls for the collar not at birth, but at their *naming day* which I will assume is a rite-of-passage based ritual related to puberty.

Women therefore will have the chance to start channeling as early as 8 or 9.  Boys 10-11.  Some individual cases will probably vary.  I doubt babies will be able to though.

Now, a flaw in this is, not since the AoL (and perhaps in the case of Wise Ones), have we really seen Aes Sedai (male and female) re-produce together....but I still doubt babies would channel =]

I don't think they will.  So far, the information we have is that, although you can have the spark, the ability of it manifests around puberty.  Remember that the Seanchan test girls for the collar not at birth, but at their *naming day* which I will assume is a rite-of-passage based ritual related to puberty.

Women therefore will have the chance to start channeling as early as 8 or 9.  Boys 10-11.  Some individual cases will probably vary.  I doubt babies will be able to though.

Now, a flaw in this is, not since the AoL (and perhaps in the case of Wise Ones), have we really seen Aes Sedai (male and female) re-produce together....but I still doubt babies would channel =]

Well he knew that allready and made sure that everyone understood that this isnt a serious discussion but rather one thats meant to be a joke.

And I would love for them to channel they would prolly feel the same hate that I do for Elayne and slap her silly untill she realize how arrogant she is, god I wish that could happen.

I think that I read that the people over in Shara breed the male channelers with the female.

The guide tells that saidar channels first channel in the time during age 12 through age 21.

Saidin channels, guide tells age 16 through mid twenties; I take age 16 through age 25.

No sparker I take channels at birth.

Channeling at birth would be odd.  Because of that, Aviendha's babies might be a better candidate; there is no oddness prophesied for Elayne's babies.

Elayne: RAND!! They are at it again! *The Dog whimpers from under the table*

Rand: What do you want me to do about it? You were the one who wanted Kids?

Elayne: Don't make me get Aviendah!

Rand: Just because your first sisters doesn't mean she can cut me up just to satisfy YOU!!

Elayne: OHH, AVI!!

Rand: All right, All Right!!

LMAO

I saw this thread while on my iPod and cracked up laughing in a crowded, yet quiet cafe (where I had just purchased TGS, AHHHHH!!!!) (powells! Portland!). But later, I had the thought- what if Rand and Elayne went on holiday with the twins, got attacked and had to link with the channeling babies to defend themselves! What if parents linked with their babies? Pink ajah? Baby Blue ajah? 

Elayne's babies.

Avi's babies.

None for Min (so far).

Maybe some from the Ashamen hooking up with Aes Sedai?

::)

The ones from selective breeding in Shena (sp?).

There could be LOTS of them crawling around.

Situation:

Normal baby crawls up to the kitchen table where it's bottle is in plain sight.  Can't reach up and get it.  Cries for mama.

Channeling baby sees bottle.  Uses Air to bring it down.  Sucks happily.  Quietly.  ;D

P.S.

No.  This was not intended to be a serious discussion.  ;)

Preschool for channelers: Can you imagine the first Food Fight?

First fight over girl/boyfriend: Can you imagine that fight?

When I was young I would be woke up at six in the morning to my older sisters fighting over who stole what clothes that she was going to wear. Wouldn't that fight been fun with some channeling?

Just thought of one. Elayne just gives birth and the doctor picks up the baby boy and gives him a swat on the butt. He screams and makes a switch out of air and whacks the doctor one. The doctor then delivers the baby girl and gives her to the nurse and says "You do it." and walks out of the delivery room massaging his butt.

I really hope not. That kind of thing always seems like fanfic/marysue-esque  squeal fodder to me. "My Babies are Magical!"

Now if your theory is that Rand and Elayne's children will be Calian and Shivan reborn, sure, I'll go along with that.

Baby comes out of the womb, blasts everyone to pieces. *drools*

Ya i think that's more likely for super-babies, they'd hardly have the control to make an air switch or get a bottle. I'd imagine just blind power/Power outburst, depending on mood, diff effects, eg when doctor smacks it he gets a face fulla fire. I mean seriously.  ::)

Archived