DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If the Dark One gets balefired

RodOfCorrection

It would never happen in the books, but it would be funny to consider what would happen.  All the Forsaken would lose immortality, the reincarnated ones would backtrack to their old selves, and Old Cully would go back to being a simple beggar. 

That and Shaidar Haran would probably be on the receiving end of a lot of jealous darkfriends. 

Or the balefire would backfire, the Dark One defying logic an all, and rebound on the user, making that person unravel their own Thread.  Which would be weird, because that in turn would unravel the fact that they BF'd the dark one, which would have never made it happen, which would backtrack the DO's contradiction of order, turning the contradiction to a conformation, thus altering his character for eternity.

So it's a good idea, right?

Since the DO exists outside of the pattern, the Balefire effects as we know them would not be relevant to the DO...at least based on what we know of BF.

As for SH, who is more of an Avatar of the DO, rather than the actual embodiment of him- that would be a more interesting question. We have no evidence of him being outside of the pattern, so one would assume that balefire affects WOULD be relevant to SH. However, given the expected amount of balefire that could/would be used to defeat him, it probably wouldn't affect much change on what he's done here in Randland (consider the fight between Rand and Rhavin, which was one of the longer "balefire battles") and that only undid a few minutes of actions in the pattern.

According to RJ, the amount of balefire required to actually take out the DO would unravel the Pattern, ie destroy the world.

I wasn't aware that he had said that, though that makes sense. Balefiring the dark one, especially since he has been touching the lives of pretty much everyone, would be disastrous imho.

Think about it. The DO has influenced pretty much the entire history of the world in the Wheel of Time series. If you remove him from ever having happened with enough balefire to do it... well... All history would be unraveled. Kind of scary really.

The Dark One balances the universe along side with the Creator. It can't be destroyed, just bound, otherwise, there is no balance, i.e., no universe. 

It would be like saying:

1. Lets destroy Sadin and just have Sadar

2. Lets have Light only, no dark! (impossible)

3. Lets have bread, but no butter!!! =D

Lets have bread, but no butter!!! =D

That one is different.  A number of people at times have bread without butter.  And as far as I aware, butter is not used to create bread (nor bread used to create butter).

That one is different.  A number of people at times have bread without butter.  And as far as I aware, butter is not used to create bread (nor bread used to create butter).

Uncultured scallywags!

=]

Ok, by Bread I meant Toast. and by Toast I meant American Toast, and by American Toast I mean Southern American Toast. And by Southern American Toast, I mean Paula Dean's Toast, and we all know, Paula Dean puts butter on anything!!!

Uncultured scallywags!

=]

Ok, by Bread I meant Toast. and by Toast I meant American Toast, and by American Toast I mean Southern American Toast. And by Southern American Toast, I mean Paula Dean's Toast, and we all know, Paula Dean puts butter on anything!!!

TOAST WITHOUT BUTTER :o NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still different.  It is an optional thing; something that does not need to happen.

Still different.  It is an optional thing; something that does not need to happen.

I think something went over your head >_<

Uncultured scallywags!

=]

I make toast without butter..

:o how!

Uncultured scallywags!

=]

I make toast without butter..

Archived