DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'twas the night before tGS... (at least in Australia)

Luckers

‘twas the night before tGS, and all through the ‘mount,

Everyone felt antsy, even the ‘count.

The postings were posted on the board with care,

In the hopes that the Dragon soon would be there.

The fans were all nestled snug in their beds,

With dreams of Elaida’s death in their heads.

When out on the lawn they heard such a clatter,

‘twas the sound of the bandwidth giving a stutter.

What came next, bare tells the story,

The board did fall to the newbies glory.

But all was well for it swiftly revived,

And thereafter Rand’s tale soon was alive.

All of a sudden there was a still in the air,

And the posters did gather round, eager to hear.

Of Dark and Light, and the battle betwixt,

And of all the stories that did elix.

IT BE COMING! EVERYONE GO BUGNUTS!

Nice.

It's (almost) the afternoon of the day before, here in europe. I really hope that my bookstore has TGS in stock now, so I can get my copy tomorrow...

Just finished my 11-book reread yesterday evening (I skipped new spring), so I have at least a whole day of twitching to look forward to  :-\

I'm looking at my holiday form and wondering if I can justify a day to buy it & read it...

I'm also wishing that an ebook edition would be out the same day - so much easier to read around work, travelling, etc... :P

If I pre-order on Amazon today, I'm unlikely to get it tomorrow... Grrrr...

Luckers where are you getting yours from? I'm also in Aus., but have ordered it via Amazon with priority international shipping, so probably won't get it till Friday  :-[

I'm not happy with Amazon saying release 27th, ship 27th. Fricking geniuses can surely work out if they are estimating it will take 3 - 5 days to reach me, then ship it 3 days beforehand. Outside of Harry Potter, fantasy is treated poorly here IMO.  >:(

Its Night here too in Singapore.  Omg omg...

I just can't wait

And I'm not buying.  I'll be burying myself in the bookstore for 4-5 hours trying to read it.

AAARGGH

borders, kinokuniya and times aren't selling it. where you getting it from? i asked the guys at prologue (at ion), bu they weren't sure... help a fellow s'porean out?

Its Night here too in Singapore.  Omg omg...

I just can't wait

And I'm not buying.  I'll be burying myself in the bookstore for 4-5 hours trying to read it.

AAARGGH

borders, kinokuniya and times aren't selling it. where you getting it from? i asked the guys at prologue (at ion), bu they weren't sure... help a fellow s'porean out?

Oh dear.  Thought they were going to release it at the same time...

Never mind.  I'll just go around and scour bookshelves when I get the time to it.

HOLIDAYS ARE NEAR!

YEAH!

Luckers where are you getting yours from? I'm also in Aus., but have ordered it via Amazon with priority international shipping, so probably won't get it till Friday  :-[

I'm not happy with Amazon saying release 27th, ship 27th. Fricking geniuses can surely work out if they are estimating it will take 3 - 5 days to reach me, then ship it 3 days beforehand. Outside of Harry Potter, fantasy is treated poorly here IMO.  >:(

I'm just getting mine from Angus and Robertson.

Scheduled a meeting in Melbourne CBD this morning just so I could pick it up first thing. I'll have it in my hands within an hour! Unfortunately I then have to come back and work. Wonder if anyone would fall for the old 'I caught the swine flu excuse'. I could then be quarantined for a few days whilst I read in peace.

Scheduled a meeting in Melbourne CBD this morning just so I could pick it up first thing. I'll have it in my hands within an hour! Unfortunately I then have to come back and work. Wonder if anyone would fall for the old 'I caught the swine flu excuse'. I could then be quarantined for a few days whilst I read in peace.

What if you actually do get the swine flu later?

I'm just getting mine from Angus and Robertson.

My local A & R is saying Nov 3...This sucks!

I'm having the same damn issues!

People are completely unaware of the release date, or when thier stocks are coming or ANYTHING.

I know this seems like a lame whinge but this is a JOKE. I hope ToM is handled better in a years time.

As it stands, I have no idea what time, what store, or what DAY even I'll be able to pick up the book.

Since I've got it paid for I personally won't consider it theft for receiving goods unpaid for if there's any one (for the love of god  :( ) whos scanned any point from chapter 3 onwards who'll help me from wanting to pick up my monitor (wells works really ATM) and throw it against the wall in frustration.

Tomorrow only means that Amazon.com finally SHIPS the thing.

I'm kinda miffed about that.  This site promoted Pre-Ordering through there, etc. You would have thought they would have had alternating shipping schedules, based on the shipping type, so that folks would get their books on the release date, not up to 5 or more days after >_<

My local A & R is saying Nov 3...This sucks!

It can't be that bad. We've waited 3 years for this book, a few more days can't hurt ;)

Having said that, i'm onsite of one of our plants in rural Australia and i have no time to drive 20km to the nearest bookstore. Not that I expect the store to have the latest releases!

Archived