DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who Are Your FAVORITE All-Time Characters That Are...VERY *MINOR* Characters?

The Fisher King

Mangin for sure, he is a dude if I ever saw one.

Rand: "Whats up Mangin?"

Mangin: "I did something bad."

Rand: "um, ok."

Mangin: "You have to hang me, see ya at noon."

I don't know if you consider Tylin minor, but she made me laugh. And I also enjoy the Deathwatch Ogier because of how badass they are.

It depends on what you mean by "very minor."

I would just say my all time favorite non-major character, would be Talmanes. after that, Daerid. Those two are so great and part of the reason the Band is so effective.

Rhuarch, Bael and the other Aiel chiefs are good.

Karede: "As you say, Highness. If we die, we die as who we are." Pure Awesome.

Talmanes: "The Tairens are no friends of mine. And Daerid is...useful. But I will lead one half, if you lead the other." He's the man who finally brings out the Son of Battles.

The Wolf

Agelmar: "But I saw a man, Moiraine Sedai. I saw a man, and what he did, cannot be, must not be." I so hope he comes back into play

Captain Mallia: Mallia had been a river man all his life, though he dreamed of sailing on the sea. He hardly spoke of a

country beside Tear without contempt; Andor was the only one to escape, and the praise he finally managed

was grudging despite his obvious efforts. “Good horses in Andor, I’ve heard. Not bad. Not as good as Tairen

stock, but good enough. You make good steel, and iron goods, bronze and copper - I’ve traded for them often

enough, though you charge a weighty price - but then you have those mines in the Mountains of Mist. Gold

mines, too. We have to earn our gold, in Tear.” He's such a jerkhole, but I love this whole sequence, especially with all the "High Lord Samon says".

The Shaido guy in KoD who leads the last remaining warriors of his sept to their certain deaths for the good of the rest of the Shaido. That takes guts!

Lamgwin -- The guy just seems so loyal and he hasn't had a huge part to play.

Cenn Buie -- His character is great comic relief.

Pevin (I think that was his name) -- He had a small part to play, but quite a touching death.

Note that I consider 4 and 5 above to not be VERY MINOR characters. Ituralde is a major character in my opinion and Harrid Fel has some pretty important stuff to say to Rand.

Ah dude, the maidens...and the guardswomen...all of them are sick! 

Also, the charismatic...the beautiful...the one and only.............

Some of you guys will know who I’m talking about; not sure the humour would be appreciated though. I’m tempted to say it anyway, just to start another 14 page war with Mr Ares. ;D That thread was fun...Got to love Mr Ares.   

I liked the father and son Gaishan (sp?!) who helped Faile in the Shaido camp, with the son following Faile et al and going to get help! I'm sure many people don't like people who help Faile though :D

Is Gaul considered a minor character? Bael's wife too - not the Wise One, (Melandrah?) the Roofmistress (Something beginning with D!) I'm awful with names :D

Master Gill. The innkeeper you can trust.

Hopper, because Perrin is so obviously a Ranger from D&D and Hopper is so obviously his Animal Companion. Whether or not RJ did that on purpose I dont know, but Perrin is a very good character to convert to D&D when you think about it. Food for thought, players and DMs!

Pips, Belas nemesis. Sketching, get some balls! Oh wait...

The character I like most when offscreen is Juilin Sandar. Hurin wanabe!

Master Gill. The innkeeper you can trust.

Hopper, because Perrin is so obviously a Ranger from D&D and Hopper is so obviously his Animal Companion. Whether or not RJ did that on purpose I dont know, but Perrin is a very good character to convert to D&D when you think about it. Food for thought, players and DMs!

Pips, Belas nemesis. Sketching, get some balls! Oh wait...

The character I like most when offscreen is Juilin Sandar. Hurin wanabe!

Err,  no, Rand is the best to convert. At least for Baldur's Gate 2, since I never have the time to play the pen and paper version; I can always save and quit with a computer game.

He's quite obviously a Dual Classed Kensai/Mage, with Grand Mastery in Two-Handed Swords (I know that there are Katanas in D&D, but the problem is that a Katana is classified as a 1H weapon, whereas Rand was clearly a two handed swordsman, forcing him now to relearn everything with one hand).

Archived