DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did we see Ishy way back in New Spring

Beren

I was just thinking about this. How many times do they say that there is a man who can channel running around in this book. They also note that he seems to be everywhere. Traveling anyone? The final clue I think comes when Siuan and Moiraine are in that city at the end and they hear about a blacksmith who had his back snapped without a mark on him. Let's see... what happened to all those rats in TEotW. What did Ishy try to do Rand/Mat/Perrin?

I think we have major clues that Ishy has been around the Borderlands during the time period of this book. This brings up another point. Cadsuane is there and she has a Ter'Angreal that detects male channeling... I wonder...

The murders of men who could possibly channel in New Springwere committed by the Black Ajah.

This is the reason that Alviarin's predecessor, Jarna Malari (head of the BA in the Tower) was killed by Ishmael in a ter'angreal that one on knew the use for, he was furious that the BA was trying to kill the newborn Dragon without orders. (ACoS,Prologue)

Cadsuane refers to this as well as "that vileness after the Aiel war" when she is interviewing Annoura and Merana (both Gray) after first meeting Rand. (ACoS,Ch18)

So no, it was not Ishmael making an appearance in New Spring.

The murders of men who could possibly channel in New Springwere committed by the Black Ajah.

This is the reason that Alviarin's predecessor, Jarna Malari (head of the BA in the Tower) was killed by Ishmael in a ter'angreal that one on knew the use for, he was furious that the BA was trying to kill the newborn Dragon without orders. (ACoS,Prologue)

Cadsuane refers to this as well as "that vileness after the Aiel war" when she is interviewing Annoura and Merana (both Gray) after first meeting Rand. (ACoS,Ch18)

So no, it was not Ishmael making an appearance in New Spring.

The vileness might just as well refer to the red sisters running around the borderlands at the same time stilling anyone they could find without bringing them back to the tower as well, afaik quite a few grays participated in this as well.

On a side note, but also pertaining to New Spring.

We see a split blacksmith's hammer in the quarters of a Green AS. I don't think she would be keeping it without a reason. Could this have something to do with Perrin? Just curious if anyone else noticed this. It also could explain why Verin knew about throwing the axe away and taking up the hammer... Also supports a secret Ajah in the Tower as this was one of the sisters sent out to search for the DR in New Spring.

Archived