DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

RAFO

racha_giurgiu

• 3 weeks later...
Alys Kinch

ummm, i am not a mod here, but still as a mod, i want to give you a heads up about the length of your signature, mike. go check the limits at the help desk. or, if things haven't changed too much, there should be a posting stickied in the new members section too.

:arrow:

first off, it is every member's job to point out when you are disobeying the rules, just in case you don't know. mods can't always be there to catch everything.

second, i thought i'd warn you before someone went in an disabled your signature. and it is a warning to change it asap, now that you know the rule is 6 lines tops or a 255 character limit.

third, you lost me with "how do half page murals of everchanging fantasy alter egos fit in the "ok" category? " if you mean the signature pictures that loop through people's site credintials... those are used to identify them in their own groups and orgs. as long as they fit the 100x500 rule.

edit: wrong number

i remember one time when i added an avatar, and the formatting looked fine on my end, but 2 minutes after putting it on, i was bombared, BOMBARDED mind you, by posters clamoring for me to change it. they were actually yelling at me (figuratively speaking).

Alys Kinch

first off, it is every member's job to point out when you are disobeying the rules, just in case you don't know. mods can't always be there to catch everything.

edit: wrong number

hey, where does i change or delete it? the instructions aren' very clear :roll:

Guest Karana Majin

Yes, Mike... I'm here to back Alys up. Sigs can't be more than 6 lines of text (it lengthens the posts and looks weird), no more than 255 characters, or if it is a .gif, it can't be more than 100x500 pixels.

You can change it by going into your profile, on the right under forum options.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

the same place you added it, your profile. that'd be that menu on the right at the top of the screen that says forum options. it has the faq, search, memberlist, usergroups, profile, your messages, and log in/out. click profile. scroll until you see the box that allows you to write in your signature. change the signature to suitable length. click submit at the bottom of the page. i hope this indepth tutorial has sufficiently helped those of us who think it funny to roll their eyes at someone who was just trying to help. (to be read with high volumes of way to polite smiling customer service voices everywhere in mind.)

Archived