DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My review

JenniferL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the review. I have a few spoiler-free questions... feel free to answer as many as you see fit.

How would you compare the plot progress and action level we get in TGS to what we saw in KoD?

Do we start seeing any major plotlines come together?

After reading the book, do you think BS could realistically wrap up Rand and Egwene's pre-TG threads in just three or four more chapters each, as has been reported?

How many chapters does the book include?

Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I have a few spoiler-free questions... feel free to answer as many as you see fit.

How would you compare the plot progress and action level we get in TGS to what we saw in KoD?

More action and more progress. This book moves FAST.

Do we start seeing any major plotlines come together?

Yes.

After reading the book, do you think BS could realistically wrap up Rand and Egwene's pre-TG threads in just three or four more chapters each, as has been reported?

I can't answer this right now.

How many chapters does the book include?

49, plus prologue and epilogue.

Thanks!

Loved your review of the book Kathana.

I just finished the audiobook myself. It is amazing! Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are as awe inspiring as ever. Brandon does a wonderful job of integrating his writing style with our beloved characters.

Brandon's voice is a little clearer for certain characters than others but that's not a criticism. I think he actually fleshed out some people that we had been waiting to learn more about. RJ is still there, strong and vibrant and weaving a story that can't be equaled by anything else out there.

The only thing that stinks is I can't post in any of the forums until the book comes out for the fear of giving something away!  :'(

• Community Administrator

Okay, heres one.

Does the book contain a bit of poem/prophecy/song that ussually appears during the prologue/epilogues, ussually right at the begginning or end between the chapters or before them?

I know the e-book prologue didn't contain one... Is there at least one at the epilogue?

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for quite some time now. But I never registered, until today. I was walking into some of my local bookshops because I was bored. Just looking at all the books I still wanted to read (after GS ofcourse). But then there was a very pleasant surprise waiting for me. They already had Gathering Storm!!!  :o

So ofcourse I bought it immediately. I have already pre-ordered the British paperback from another bookstore, because I have all the other books in British paperback. But I couldn't let Gathering Storm lay there without someone to read it, even though it's the American hardcover. I think I will just read it and then sell the American one on the internet.

I live in the Netherlands. Maybe other Dutch fans have the same luck as I just had.

There are 2 new chapterpictures and one new map ;)

Well, Beloved Leader, I see you decided against my offer of me ghost-writing it for you. OK, non-spoiler questions... Can I still borrow your copy? Will you be wanting your husband back? Is there any braid-tugging? Skirt smoothing? I would hate to think they were going through the whole book with unsmoothed skirts.

“Stop being such a tool, [NameofCharacter]!”
Does this characters name begin with a G? And end with an awyn?

“Stop being such a tool, [NameofCharacter]!”

Haha. That was my exact reaction.

Oh come on, that is a reaction you get at least once per book, even if Gawyn is not even in it.

Stop being such a tool, [NameofCharacter]!

Haha. That was my exact reaction.

Oh come on, that is a reaction you get at least once per book, even if Gawyn is not even in it.

Ok, it's three in the morning here. [insert Something Funny].

He could have been serious. It has leaked abroad before. So it could be that it has leaked. He said it was the only copy he saw and didn't know the exact name. I hope to get a location, so i can call the bookstore.

I do know, I will be looking at the bookstores.

I didn't know i would still get this excited :((((

@Fikkie77: Why would I lie about something like that? Only people with no lives do things like that. I already send a few e-mails to Isabella with the information of the bookstore. If you don't believe me I can make a picture of the book (or a specific page) tomorrow  ;)

@Fikkie77: Why would I lie about something like that? Only people with no lives do things like that. I already send a few e-mails to Isabella with the information of the bookstore. If you don't believe me I can make a picture of the book (or a specific page) tomorrow  ;)

I think you need to take pictures of all the pages, and give them to me :p Also, mind sending me a PM with info about the book store?

Is there a map? If there is, would it be considered a spoiler if you told us what it's a map OF?

I've heard there is, but since I was looking at a manuscript copy, it wasn't present in my copy.

Okay, heres one.

Does the book contain a bit of poem/prophecy/song that ussually appears during the prologue/epilogues, ussually right at the begginning or end between the chapters or before them?

I know the e-book prologue didn't contain one... Is there at least one at the epilogue?

There is an epigram at both the beginning and end of the book.

Archived