DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand breaking the world

jwillis7

• 1 month later...

Even if Saidar is tainted, which I highly doubt, they know at a way to cleanse it.

Might be hard building a whole new CK from tainted source, but it could be possible.

The Ways were created with Saidin, yet they were good for a long time before they started to decay.

Personally, I think that channeling will still exist, both sides untainted...

Some thoughts on Channeling:

1. I believe that before channeling was discovered, no one had ever done so before. I think that once it was discovered, it was there. It won't go away. Tainted and cleansed, yes. Lost and rediscovered, no.

2. There is always the theory that everybody will start to discover things again...But not as much in the AOL, then channeling will die out.

Huh...honestly, that reminds of something I read before, probably here that related Technology and One Power and the two influenced the development of the other. Although parts of this is highly speculative, there is text to support this as detailed at the WoT Chronology.

6th Age: No Technology, No/Low OP (Wolf Age (ala Perrin) / Aura Reading (ala Min) / Super Smellers (ala Hurin) etc. ?)

7th Age: High Technology, High OP (Creation of the Portal Stones, which we know AoL'ers didn't know much about. Portal Stones is the height of combining technology with OP, in this case to travel between dimensions. We can also assume that the 7th Age was at a height of philosophy, due to the theological ramifications of dimension hopping)

1st Age: High Technology, No OP (Spaceships to the Moon and stars, Mosk and Merc threw nukes at each other, Queen Elizabeth ruled. [TSR, Ch.20] AoL starts when Tamyrlin discovers OP. )

2nd Age/AoL: Medium Technology, Medium OP (at least in comparison to previous/future ages, such as the 7th. They perfected their techniques to the point that there was little impetus to research further.)

3rd Age/Books: Low Technology, Low OP (Medieval/Renaissance lifestyle)

4th Age: Medium Technology, Medium OP (Speculative; due to low levels in 3rd Age, can we assume that the 4th will be better? Although quotations and poetry from 4th Age imply a high level of art....)

5th Age: High Technology, Medium OP (speculative)

6th Age: Medium/Low Technology, Medium/Low OP (speculative)

7th Age: High Technology, High OP (speculative)

When i was reading the books my first time through i always thought that Rand's time and Lews Therin's time were at the same spot on the wheel, but not the same turn obviously.
They are different Ages in the same turning.

I am sure he was so how did he get imprisoned.
Shai'tan was imprisoned by the Creator at the moment of Creation.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first turning of the Wheel, so unless the Creator recreates every turn, that's not what's been happening lately.

Most hold that the Age of Legends was the Age before the Third Age, that this three thousand years since the AoL has all been the Third Age. Sometime before the AoL and sometime after the Third Age will be our own world, which, in the WoT universe, is one of the Ages in the turnings.

There is no saying if the "Dragon" is needed every age.  I don't know if LT knew if was reborn or anyone else did.  There were no prophecies like in the Rand age as far as we know. I don't know if it's common knowedge that the Dragon goes beyond LT outside of the inside folks.

Archived