DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions on Eye of the World and The Great Hunt

Hobbun

Hello, I am new to the board.

I have read the series more than once, but have only gotten up to book 7. I basically had stopped because I found I would read up to the current book released and forget more information than I would like as it would be 2-3 years between releases. So I have decided to wait until the series is done, or very close to it.

Well, as the first volume of the last book is about to be released, I think I am going to start the series again and I noticed that both Eye of the World and The Great Hunt have also been released in two book formats.

My question is, what is the main differences between the original one book release compared to the now two book format? I have heard the newer releases have more pictures and have been changes slightly more for a younger audience. For those who have read it, do you feel it has watered the books down? Besides the books being changed slightly for younger readers and the extra picutres, are there any benefits and more content in the newer 2 book formats for each book that I should probably read? Or do they basically have the same info as the older one book formats?

Any info is welcome.  Thank you.

I guess you are referring to the Starscape books.

The main difference between them and the regular books I take is that they are for younger readers.

From Encyclopaedia site::

The Starscape Books

Tor reissued the first two books under the Starscape imprint to introduce younger readers to the Wheel of Time. The Eye of the World is now available split into two books, From the Two Rivers (Chapters 1 - 23) and To the Blight (Chapters 24 - 53). From the Two Rivers contains a new Prologue, Ravens, and To the Blight has a slightly expanded Glossary with a couple of new entries.

The Starscape editions of The Great Hunt do not contain any new information but they do have some corrigenda that have not yet appeared in the Tor editions

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/books/guide/index.html

Ok, so it does have some new info when they are younger with the EotW prologue.

I guess my question is for both, have you found it better to go with the Starscape version or it's really not too much of a difference in just sticking with the orignal one book format?

Archived