DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wonders of the 4th Age..What do you think they will be?

Jemlin

What are some of the things you think will be the "Wonders of the 4th Age", or some of its defining new inventions / societies / setups?

That is, assuming everything doesn't go BOOM at TG  ;D

My own thoughts:

1. Male & Female Channelers working together for healing with the new Healing weaves

2. Combination of "Industrial Technology" with One Power technology (think Jo'cars mixed with Automobiles)

3. Re-establishment of trade and communication between the major continent groups:  Randland, Seandar, Shara, maybe even Isle of Madment o_O

4. Development of new talents:  Min's viewing ability, Wolfebrothers/sisters, Sniffers, etc

I dont think that it will be a new AoL, but the AM and the AS will work both together and against each other to better serve the world. AM will be all military and Travel everywhere to stop war or support those that they have determined are fighting for justice and truth. They will eliminate bandits and stuff like that and generally protect the innocvent. The AS will negotiate and manipulate as always, and get absolutely nothing done.  :P

I'm thinking actually the one power will disappear. I think it would be rather awesome actually if at the end the one power is gone, then Rand if he survives can live a life in relative peace since he won't have any power for anyone to want to exploit, plus we won't have to worry about the whole AM/AS power struggle.

Wont every channeler sort of, you know, be stilled? So you want Rand and Egwene and Nynaeve and every channeling guy and girl to die? I dont blame you about Nynaeve, but i think that channeling will die off in a few ages, and when it does it wont be an auto-still for everyone, the ability will slowly die out over many years. less people will be born with the ability, becoming fewer and fewer until no channeler or channeler-to-be is born. When the last AS and AM dies, (their respective organisations would probablyhave been disbanded st this point, anyway) no-one will remember their being any Power (although it will still be their), and we will remember it as magic.

I'm thinking actually the one power will disappear. I think it would be rather awesome actually if at the end the one power is gone, then Rand if he survives can live a life in relative peace since he won't have any power for anyone to want to exploit, plus we won't have to worry about the whole AM/AS power struggle.

"The great battle done, but the world not done with battle.  The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants."

This seriously suggests that channeling wont just suddenly disappear.

I've personally played with the idea that at the end of the third age channeling might disappear. and the 4th age will start a technological development to mirror the real world (as in our world). But after consideration I dismissed that idea. Although we have had hints in the past that there have been ages in the past where some elements of society mirrored our own although very vague hints. Not to mention we do get the Quotes at the end of the books written in the 4th age that suggests that people in the 4th age will be aware of channeling.

As for the wonders of the 4th age. I do think we will see the merge of the one power and technology take place. but with a stronger weight on technology than they had in the age of legends. Where there was pretty much no difference between the one power and technology. I doubt they had any technology in the age of legends that would actually work, unless the one power at some point had been involved. Rand's schools are taking an approach to further the development of pure-tech invensions. and if these surrive the breaking of the world. they will lay the fundations for the technology int he 4th age.

yeah, I agree with the fade out theory...still...would be nice to give rand a break. I mean, I'm not a HUGE fan of him, but the man deserves to have some rest, and he's not gonna get it if he's still the strongest channeler in the world.

All the main characters join the board of directors for the Cairhien and Caemlyn Railroad.

Which gets into conflict with the Union Aryth and the Central Aryth over who gets to build a transcontinental railroad to Shara to cut traveling times in half.

Everybody gets filthy rich, as Seanchan immigrants are brought in to work for the Central Aryth while Murandians - especially Lugarders - work for the Union Aryth.

The Golden Spike is driven in by Rand Al'Thor in Rhuidean.

And Demandred is the Chairman of Union Aryth, living in comfort and secretly surviving the Last Battle in Shara.

Archived