DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asmo Death Theory...

Xarra

o/~ I've got a theory... It could be bunnies... o/~

Actually, RJ said Asmo took a long step or long fall, or similar I believe... Could Asmo not TECHNICALLY be dead - i.e. he got pushed into a skimming gateway and is infinitely falling a la the maiden that fell?

DO can't ressurect him 'cause he's not dead-dead, and it does narrow the field to a Traveling channeller killing him...

o/~ I've got a theory... It could be bunnies... o/~

Actually, RJ said Asmo took a long step or long fall, or similar I believe... Could Asmo not TECHNICALLY be dead - i.e. he got pushed into a skimming gateway and is infinitely falling a la the maiden that fell?

DO can't ressurect him 'cause he's not dead-dead, and it does narrow the field to a Traveling channeller killing him...

The Great Lord of the Dark says he is dead, and his greatness is the lord of the grave....

Ah, but the DO can't resurrect him 'cause of the manner of his death. We don't KNOW it's balefire, and we do have the hint it's a long step/long fall into blackness... So my logic is he's dead to the DO and dead to the world - he can't be ressed 'cause he's not in the deadlands, and he's dead as far as everyone's concerned.

And, hey, since when did the DO have to tell the truth? Asmo's dead to him in every way (can't get him back, can't use him, yep, dead...)

Ah, but the DO can't resurrect him 'cause of the manner of his death. We don't KNOW it's balefire, and we do have the hint it's a long step/long fall into blackness... So my logic is he's dead to the DO and dead to the world - he can't be ressed 'cause he's not in the deadlands, and he's dead as far as everyone's concerned.

And, hey, since when did the DO have to tell the truth? Asmo's dead to him in every way (can't get him back, can't use him, yep, dead...)

I will not discount your theroy, but I find it to be very low on the scale.  I feel he is dead by the hand of the great witch!!  :)

The DO will not recycle him regardless of his ability to do so.  Asmodean was a traitor.  Although he may have been thrown through a skimming gateway as he was too weak to open a replacement gateway.  If that was the case he died of thirst long ago.

In which case technically Lanfear killed him by limiting his ability to channel so he couldn't open a new gateway. Problem solved. :P

Nah, I want to know who it was in the room as much as anyone... But I like my gateway theory. :P

Archived