DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

3 in a boat.

Xarra

I was wondering if anyone found the fact both Nicola and the Wise Ones used the very similar phrasing - 'three women on a boat'?

a) Aiel and boats don't mix well.

b) The fact BOTH said boat suggests that it's a genuine boat - not a metaphorical boat?

Any ideas? Could the boat be an Athan Miere boat? We've not heard much about the Coramoor prophecies...

There was another person who speculated a literal boat; I do not remember who nor when nor which thread.

The context of both Foretelling & Dream seems symbolic/metaphoric.

The Dream includes a scale; which could indicate that something is judged since scales often imply judging.

Boat to me implies that the 3 would be in the same situation.

Though if a literal boat, it would need to be a significant boat and/or something significant would need to happen when they are on it.

Whichever way the prophecy gets fulfilled, I think the fulfillment would be unique to the 3.

I would have to read the quotes again, but I've never taken those particular prophecies to be anything other then literal. I seem to remember in thier context it was pretty clear that it's Avi, Elayne, and Min on a boat...having something to do with Rand's death/fake death/incomplete death....whatever. I may be wrong though, it's been a long time.

• Community Administrator

Nicola's fortelling says:

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade."

The Wise Ones' dream says:

"Melaine and Bair dreamed of you on a boat with three women whose faces they could not see, and a scale tilting first one way then the other."

I always thought it meant an actual boat.  Maybe he and his girlies need a vacation after the Last Battle and they take off in a boat...  mb might be right in saying they might be in the same situation, but I'm not sure what else a "boat" would represent if not taken literally.

~Mashiara

Archived