DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heroes of the Horn + Balefire = ?

West Side Weaver

I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed, but what would happen if Birgitte or another Hero of the Horn was balefired? Would their thread being burnt out of the Pattern completely destroy their soul or would they be sent right back to TAR?

I personally think that they would be burnt out and unable to return to TAR. It seems to me that if the DO couldn't bring back Rhavin, and he's the lord of the grave, then how could the pattern bring back a burnt thread?  Thoughts anyone?

I would have to agree. If the DO can't bring back his followers then he shouldn't be able to do anyone and that should be the same on the other side.

I am glad though. Could you imagine if the DO could use some of the Heroes of the Horn just because they died? It's scary enough that they have to follow whoever sounds the Horn if it was the Shadow.

Depends on where they're balefired.

When summoned by the Horn and on the field of battle, their souls remain elsewhere.  That's what makes them invulnerable in battle.  Balefire there would have no effect.

Now if somebody were able to search one of them out in T'a'R and balefire them there, it might be much different.   Even then, Jordan did say that balefire does not destroy the soul, so it might not have any effect there either.

Birgitte and a very young Gaidal Cain are the only ones whose souls and bodies reside together.  They would die and their souls would return to T'a'R, eligible to be summoned by the Horn again.

Depends on where they're balefired.

When summoned by the Horn and on the field of battle, their souls remain elsewhere.  That's what makes them invulnerable in battle.  Balefire there would have no effect.

I agree with this. Isnt the thing that makes the Horn so powerful is that you cant harm them, that you must defeat the Dragon to defeat the Heroes? Thats the impression I got when Mat blew the Horn.

Archived