DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Two Rivers

mb

Who would have the Two Rivers region at the end of this series?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have the Two Rivers region at the end of this series?

• Perrin/Faile (it being joined to Saldaea)
    • Elayne (it remaining in Andor)
    • Mat/Toun (it becoming part of Seanchan empire)
    • Alliandre (it being joined to Ghealdan)
    • Logain (Ghealdan's territories granted to him)
    • its mayor
    • another lord chosen for it
    • the Shadow
    • other (please specify)
    • undecided

I chose Perrin and Faile--and not nessasarily joined to saldaea in the sense that it becomes a part of saldaea, but rather I think that Saldaea, western Andor and Ghealdan will be joined to make the new nation Perrin and Faile will rule over.

I think it's pretty clear who will be running the place in a few years...

Duopotamia United

Owner: Bela

Manager: Narg

Notable Players: S. Haran (loan from Shayol Ghul FC), M. "He's no bloody hero" Cauthon (loan from Seandar United)

Club History:

After the Second Shadow Cup, the wrecked and divided clubs of the New Era found themselves still unable to maintain control over the boundaries and TV markets claimed on a map. This power vacuum led to the carving out of new sides by the settlement of unclaimed areas and the declaration of independence by others.

Duopotamia is one such example and is likely the most powerful of the creations, indeed it stands equal to any of the existing NE teams in the league tables.

Only a few years prior, a Friendly against the side of the home district of the Dragon Reborn allowed Trollocs to gain a certain familiarity with the land of the Two Rivers. Those who returned to the Blight told tales of a place where humans flowed like milk and honey, filled with flowers and trees, and nary a giant fiery toilet or scary Halfman to be seen.

With the defeat of Shai'tan (0 -0, 4-3 in penalties) at Shayol Ghul, these Friends of the Dark had no team to support and no home to return to, having had all of them burned during the celebrations of jubliant FC Al'Thor supporters. Wanting to avoid arrest at the hands of angry police from all over the Westlands, who sought to carry out warrants for the arrest of several of the Dark's side for truly animalistic behavior in towns and cities across the recent Cup final, the remaining Trollocs trudged south to this mythical paradise.

At the same time, Bela, angry at the lack of recognition of equine support during the recent contest, resigned from her position in the governing body of the Westlands, the Fédération Internationale de Football Aes Sedai or FIFAS  (meaning Obstructive Football Bureaucrats of the World or perhaps The Blind, Hopelessly Corruptible Black-Striped Servants of Suck; translations from the Old Tongue are never precise).

Using the pooled resources of her ethnic community, she purchased a small club abandoned by its piss-poor ownership in Taren's Ferry. Soon after, the disgruntled former supporters of Shai'tan began to arrive. At this point, Bela faced a crucial decision. Should she attempt to remain in this small regional group, or should she try to get promoted into a higher league? The answer, of course, was easy, and so Bela met with the pillars of the Trolloc community, urging them to participate in a joint venture with her and convince the other Two Rivers teams to drop out of contention. The Trolloc businessmen eagerly agreed, and a series of withdrawals plagued the other three Two Rivers sides from then on, along with several often fatal injuries to their best players. Amazingly, these hale, healthy men all seemed to come down with similar ailments that their Club Wisdoms could not seem to do anything about, including rare illnesses like accidentally-brutally-stabbed-themselves-in-the-stomach-while-shaving and accidentally-brutally-cut-their-heads-off-while-combing-their-hair.

Quickly, Taren Ferry AC saw itself triumphant over the Emond's Field Rangers, FC Deven Ride, and Watch Hill Hotspur. Despite angry protestations from Andor's other major clubs in Baerlon, Whitebridge, and Caemlyn, the "Terrans", as their supporters lovingly named them, replaced Andor's fourth major located in Four Kings.

At this point, the Trolloc investors came to Bela with the idea of renaming their club after the whole of the Two Rivers, since by this point, the only supporters of the Rangers or Hotspur remaining in the Two Rivers were in the concessions (or perhaps, *were* the concessions, as translations from Trolloc speech are never exact), and either the Trolloc or horse communities had largely bought out the major Two Rivers industries of industrialized agriculture and narcotics processing in a series of hostile takeovers that some were even calling "blood stained and brutal".

Bela agreed, and decided to christen her new Premiership club Duopotamia United after an internet vote, which saw members of Bela's - and the current manager Narg's, who had come out of a peaceful retirement in the Westwood - large fanclubs spam the ballot with the fashionable Duopotamia replacing the drab "Two Rivers".

As of writing, Bela is currently pressing the owners of the other sides, including those like Perrin and Faile Aybara whom Trolloc community leaders call "fantastically racist", to end discrimination against her side's supporters in every stadium in the Westlands.

Other. - Perrin and Faile will rule over the Two Rivers, Ghealdan and the western parts of Murandy. Manetheran will be reborn again with additional territories. (Eastern Almoth Plain and Eastern Arad Doman as well as Southern Saldea.)

Faile's cousin will eventually marry and bear heirs if not Faile's younger brother will rule Saldea.  ???

To some degree, I am undecided.

Though another part of me thinks it would be Elayne.  She likely would choose another lord for it (possibly partly because of not wanting foreigners controlling her land).  She might also give its mayor some instructions.

Perrin likely would not keep Two Rivers unless Faile convinces him to keep it.  And Faile probably would not attempt convincing him without going through the legal procedures of gaining the land.

Probably both of them would consider the land too much to handle in addition to Saldaea.

Reasons for Elayne:

-She wanted to deal with their situation.  Probably also has the time to deal them.

-She likely would have the means to send tax collectors & Queen's Guard.

-She might likely have means and time to deal with any situation that may come up.

-She has had more political training than Perrin.

Ok, I really can't let this stand.

We've all been reading the same material, folks, in some cases for years. We've seen it all play out.

And I cannot think anything other than Elayne's been running that side into the ground since she got to Caemlyn.

So what, you'll say, she's got one of the best managers in the sport! And I'll scoff at that, I don't think Ms. Trahelion has done anything worthy of the name yet.

Face it, every time her boys get suited up to go out on the pitch, they know they're going to get massacred. Best hope she's got is that her boy toy the Dragon Reborn will give her a loan or nine; maybe not from FC Al'Thor, but the man's got other teams, like Black Tower, to transfer some players to her. Light knows she'll need it, if Caemlyn City's going to have a chance in hell of finishing in the top half of the league table, mates.

Ok, I really can't let this stand.

We've all been reading the same material, folks, in some cases for years. We've seen it all play out.

And I cannot think anything other than Elayne's been running that side into the ground since she got to Caemlyn.

So what, you'll say, she's got one of the best managers in the sport! And I'll scoff at that, I don't think Ms. Trahelion has done anything worthy of the name yet.

Face it, every time her boys get suited up to go out on the pitch, they know they're going to get massacred. Best hope she's got is that her boy toy the Dragon Reborn will give her a loan or nine; maybe not from FC Al'Thor, but the man's got other teams, like Black Tower, to transfer some players to her. Light knows she'll need it, if Caemlyn City's going to have a chance in hell of finishing in the top half of the league table, mates.

So she had no part in curing the weather nor winning the civil war that Rand actually started?

Bosh, Muad, that all could have been done with Mat and the Windfinders, not to mention that Bael and Bashere could have ended the civil war with nary a drop of blood.

All she needed to do back then was ask the father of her children for a loan, and *wham* Caemlyn City's back in the standings. Hell, maybe even a real starter, because I'm sure Rand I-can't-touch-a-bloody-woman Al'Thor would have even waived the transfer fee.

That could have taken Caemlyn City way back up in the league tables; maybe not up to the level of AS Tar Valon or Rhuidean SV.

But certainly better than the bloody mess they are right now!

Bosh, Muad, that all could have been done with Mat and the Windfinders, not to mention that Bael and Bashere could have ended the civil war with nary a drop of blood.

All she needed to do back then was ask the father of her children for a loan, and *wham* Caemlyn City's back in the standings. Hell, maybe even a real starter, because I'm sure Rand I-can't-touch-a-bloody-woman Al'Thor would have even waived the transfer fee.

That could have taken Caemlyn City way back up in the league tables; maybe not up to the level of AS Tar Valon or Rhuidean SV.

But certainly better than the bloody mess they are right now!

Except if anyone who is an outlander or is openly allied with the Dragon Reborn helping Elayne gain the throne would cause more problems than it would "solve."

It's been said before that any outside help would cost her the throne and her supporters causing the civil war to grow even more chaotic. that is the reason why she took down Rand's banners and told Bashere and Bael not to interfere.

• 2 months later...

I think it will be a much more important piece of Andor with Elayne as queen and with Perrin and Faile controling as Lord and Lady while doubling as King and Queen of Saldea after Tenobia dies.  They will send their kids to the Two Rivers as Lords to get practice with leading people before they take over the line of rulers in Saldea. Or something like this.  They will need an AS or probably one or all of the Ashaman to be stationed with them for ease of traveling back and forth to both places as well as world leader's meetings and visiting friends that will be inevitably ruling other countries.

At first, I put Perrin and Faile, but the more I think of it, since Alliandre is Perrin's liege lady, and he her liege lord, he can have her be in charge of the TR, while he spends a lot more time in Saldaea.

but, I just realized that they will have traveling now, so I changed it to both.

Elayne has already gave up 1 square mile of good land, she won't be all that depressed to gain a new ally who is strong and with good leadership who has to trade with them anyway. :D

If Elayne gets a hold of the Two Rivers, this is the sequence of events that will occur:

Elayne: This was never yours in the first place, it was always Andors

Bran Al'Vere: But we've never seen a Queen's Guard nor a taxman... where were you when we defended "your realm" against Trollocs?

Elayne: Birgitte...

*THWACK* (Arrow through the skull)

Elayne: Oh how tiresome, I weary of these peasants *sniff*, I shall give them to the Amyrlin Seat, my pillow friend of white-dressed years!

Egwene: Thank you, daughter. As the Amyrlin I see you had to kill my father, that is okay though, I now know that duty comes before anything else. The White Tower MUST be whole! Give the Two Rivers to the Red Ajah, it can be their new thing, besides more man-hating.

Elayne: Your welcome, mother.

Following these events, the Two Rivers will go through a manocide, in which only the Women's Circle, headed by Red Ajah, will remain.

Other:

Padan Fain.

He already spread his contamination about.  It should be blooming soon.  He will return there to watch it rot.  Laughing all the way.  Nobody else will want the worthless property.  The "New Aridhol".  Ruled by the man with the ruby dagger.  The next target for the cleansing.  MMMUUUUAAAAAHHHHHhhhaaaaaa!!!  >:D