DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Firefly/Serenity

Zaren

Wow, nice to see some fans out there. And don't worry, once you get your hands on the DVD of the series, get through the first disc and you will be hook as ever. I would definately say watch the series before the movie, because after all the movie is set after the series.

When I first saw it, I was like oh great, more Star Trek/Babylon5 scifi. But oh was I mistaken. There are no superlasers or aliens. They put it in space but gave it a western motif. The stories told are character driven and afterwards you just sit there and go....Wow, I want more.

The comic series does bridge the gap between the series and the movie. It explains why Book is no longer on the ship when the movie starts.

A Browncoat is someone who fought for the Independants. My husband dresses up like one at Dragon*Con every year.

Lol, my first impression upon seeing Firefly on regular TV when it first aired was yuck, a cowboy series in space. I think we watched all of one episode and then forgot to watch it on a regular basis, it happens when when find someting by accident instead of waiting for ages to see it.

However, Firefly came on Sci-fi Channel one of the few stations our TV actually knows where it is on the dial and on a Friday too, when we actually sat down and watched tv, needless to say we've been hooked every since.

Ali

uhhhh, chah! I'd never watched firefly when it was on tv, but my homecoming date and I saw Serenity the day it came out, cuz she's a fanatic. I. Was. Hooked. I have the movie and the series.

Personally, I think that the thing is much better adapted to the big screen than the silver screen. Just like Buffy was a better show than movie. A lot of times, the show seemed kinda cheesy (not in the good way), or dry.

But I LOVE Joss Whedon. Buffy is my all time favorite show. Angel was awesome. And I practically worship Astonishing X-Men.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived