DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question from TGH

algspkr

In the beginning of TGH when Rand meets with Suian, Verin, and Moiraine there is a little bit of dialogue at the end:

The silence stretched on in the room after Rand left until it was broken by a long breath from the Amyrlin. "I cannot make myself like what we just did," she said. "It was necessary, but....Did it work, Daughters?"

Moiraine shook her head, just the slighest movement. "I do not know. But it was necessary, and is."

"Necessary," Verin agreed.

Does anyone have any idea what they are talking about. It looks like they did something to him with the One Power, possibly along the lines of compulsion, but that seems unlikely.

I think the comment was more in reference to them revealing to him who he was, and then letting him leave. Judging from Verin's reaction, it's a possibility, but I doubt it considering it's a secret weave of her own, and probably would not be 'approved' by Siuan.

I thought it was in reference to the way they manipulated Rand's emotions, but it could have been about letting him leave, too. :) Verin knows compelling, but it doesn't seem like she wanted anyone else to know about it.

I thought it was in reference to the way they manipulated Rand's emotions, but it could have been about letting him leave, too. :) Verin knows compelling, but it doesn't seem like she wanted anyone else to know about it.

They are talking about how they neatly manipulated Rand's desire to be free, and turned it into a way to tie him more closely to themselves. They were all pretty aware of his state of mind, and used what amounts to dirty tricks to make him do what they wanted, and they justified it by saying they were using him to save the world.

J

Archived