DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[knock knock] Anybody here?

pattonmat89

Oh hai,

I guess this is where I introduce myself.

[Chuckles awkwardly, coughs, shuffles papers]

So...I'm pattonmat89. In real life, I'm (mumble mumble), and I am currently a sophomore at Georgia College and State University (For anyone everyone who doesn't know where that is, it's in Milledgeville, GA. Look it up on Google Maps.).

I am a history major, with a particular interest in both military history and Middle Eastern history. When I go into the real world, I hope to work for the government, doing things that I won't be able to tell you about. In my spare time, I read, snark to myself, and collect too many books. I also hope that in the near future, I will develop an addiction to Dungeons & Dragons, since getting the basic books cost me about 100 bucks.

My experience with WOT began in high school, when a good friend pointed me towards them in the library. This was not too long after the release of KOD, so I believe it would have been 2006. I discovered that they were pretty darn good, and shortly thereafter began a full-scale attack on the series. By this point in 2009, I have read all of them, and own five of them personally (Six if you count the Guide). Some other favored authors in my library are Brandon Sanderson, Mercedes Lackey, Frank Herbert, Tom Clancy and Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Last of all, my favorite WOT quote: "Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it?" (Rand, TSR)

P.S. Let me assure you, my default setting is not LOLspeak.

Welcome to the Mount :D

Have you looked around the forums yet? There is alot of this site and many things to do, so look around and poke things (and people, just dont poke the people in the org that takes its name from the place that houses the bore, they might eat you.) Or have you already done that and have questions?

Anyway, again welcome, and I hope you have a fun time here :D

Welcome!

I'm also a sophomore in college...but I'm off in St. Joseph, MO at Missouri Western State University, studying English, Education, ESL, and Spanish (no, I am not certifiably crazy, but yes, I have very little spare time and should be working on three different papers right now).

• 4 years later...

Archived