DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If it does, then what does it?

Toy and Minion

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the rain left you and came here. :P

Almost a week ago it got overcast and chilly.  Then the rain came.  It's been raining at least once a day for a few days now.  Today was mostly sunny the whole day, and really chilly at night, but it started raining a few hours ago.

So I've been dealing with gray and rain for a bit now.  So happy!

I don't mind rain during the day, so long as it isn't cold and I have an umbrella.  And there's thunder.  If there's no thunder, no lightning, the rain can stay at night so I can hear it when I'm falling asleep.

Yeah, around my area, we don't get TOO much wind, so while I sometimes have the gusts tearing at my umbrella, I've only had my umbrella turned inside out ONCE.  And that was because I held it at a bad angle just as a gust came up.  It's a rarity, really. :D

Lucky us.

I can't imagine being in weather like that.

:-\

That sucks.

I miss being in Dubuque.  Autumn there was perfect; I've no idea if it still is, as I haven't been there during Autumn for quite some time.  It was crisp, but not too cold; the kind that has you wearing a sweater over your t-shirt but no coat, the kind that brings you inside with deliciously rosy cheeks and makes you feel hale and hearty. 

The leaves would fall all over, and for a while they'd be pretty colors, with the odd brown one to crunch on.  Oh, and how many leaves there were!  We would rake our yard and have 2 or 3 big leaf piles, to play in.  That was so much fun.  We had one by our swing set, so we could jump off the swing and land in the leaves. :D

And it wasn't really windy at all, not especially rainy.  Every year differs, of course, and no year was exactly the same, but overall we had wonderful Autumns.

My mom and I had to shovel 2.5 feet of snow off of our driveway one day because my dad and brothers had gone on a Boy Scout camping trip and were coming home.  They wouldn't have been able to make it into our driveway.  But it took us an hour at least.  There was a lot of snow, and we had to clear enough room for the 12-passenger van.

That would suck, missing out on all the fun while shoveling snow. :D

We don't get that much snow down here, usually.  Sometimes we get a few feet, but mostly we get a few feet TOTAL, the WHOLE winter.... ::)  And spring sometimes, too.

My mom and I had to shovel 2.5 feet of snow off of our driveway one day because my dad and brothers had gone on a Boy Scout camping trip and were coming home.  They wouldn't have been able to make it into our driveway.  But it took us an hour at least.  There was a lot of snow, and we had to clear enough room for the 12-passenger van.

Make you have a little more appreciation for the male sex, eh? ;) :P

We had 3 feet. >.<

it snowed here. Couldn't really call it snow. IT was only about two inches.

But I remember when I was on my drilling rig, we got snowed in at the rig for four days, I had to take the Front End Loader and clear the road of four feet. It was about 40 below. Had to trip pipe there all winter, and it was never above thirty below. But I made some hellaciouisly good money.  ;D

Make you have a little more appreciation for the male sex, eh? ;) :P

We had 3 feet. >.<

Yes, I am very glad that generally there are guys to do that for us. :D  I don't like shoveling, it hurts my back and my arms are wimpy, apparently.  So, bravo for males and testosterone and muscles! ;D

it snowed here. Couldn't really call it snow. IT was only about two inches.

But I remember when I was on my drilling rig, we got snowed in at the rig for four days, I had to take the Front End Loader and clear the road of four feet. It was about 40 below. Had to trip pipe there all winter, and it was never above thirty below. But I made some hellaciouisly good money.  ;D

How long did the "snow" stay on the ground?

And, man, that's crazy.  But it's money! :D

Archived