DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Derailment Thread Has Been Derailed

Toy and Minion

(it was ranked 3 of 5, actually, so I'm not sure if that's more good or more bad :P)

*hugs* Thanks. ;D :-*

I have one poem that's ranked as 1st of 425:

http://www.helium.com/items/1001359-poetry-dark-poems

And one that's ranked 2 of 12, but you've read that one already. :)

http://www.helium.com/items/1604518-wanting-to-love-you

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's so cool though! 

Our school has a literary magazine that it puts out every year, and it's basically a collection of poetry, short stories, long stories, photos, drawings, etc, that students submit to the staff of the magazine, which is a group of high school seniors.  I submitted a few things, but only ONE thing ever got in and that was because I showed it to a friend who was on the staff (I was supposed to be, but I ended up too busy), and he really liked it. ::)

Placing in a contest like that is really amazing, even if they do give out crappy crappy prizes. :D

You're an excellent writer. ;D

Which actually reminds me, I was just wondering if you were planning on continuing work on that one story you started, with the chosen one and all that. :P  In general, I mean. :)

Well, 3rd place was a small paragraph with no capitalization, so, you see the competition I had.  First place completely deserved it.  My story just kind of dropped you in the middle of what could be a bigger story, without any explanations, really.  First place, actually told the story, and a good one at that.

Kind of.  I've decided to mix that story with one I had been working on earlier, in a way.  Pretty much just threw that story in the other stories world.  Just because that world is so much better designed in my head.

My grade had a few really good writers like that, who wrote things that really worked, but only a few.  I was always jealous of those types of people.  Not so much anymore, as I have more self-esteem than I did before, but I still admire those people.

Well, I just wanted to find out, because it has a LOT of potential, and I have no doubt you're up to the job.  If you don't have the time or it just doesn't work for you to work on it in this period of time, you can be sure that I'll keep tabs on you and be nagging you about it for as long as it takes before it works out for you to finish it. :D :-*

The problem was, I had, as per usual, waited until the night before the deadline of turning the stories in to write mine.  I was actually friends with the sister of the boy who wrote the first place story.  She said he had written it a long time ago and wasn't going to submit it, but his family kept nagging him to.

And that sounds good. :P

Ah, yeah, procrastinating doesn't do anyone favors.  Lord knows I know the truth of that. :D

That's pretty cool, about the first-place story. :D  Good thing they nagged him, eh?  Was he known as a writer at all before the contest?

I'm glad you're willing to accept my nagging in this instance. ;D  I'll be sure to refrain from all other sorts of nagging, except occasionally. >.>

I have seen some of the tv show, though.  Penguins of Madagascar, or whatever.  :D  Those penguins are amazing.  I can believe you trained them, although it must've been back when your avatar was in better shape.

OH MISTER SUN, SUN, MISTER GOLDEN SUN

PLEASE SHINE DOWN ON ME

The next song to pop into my head was:

You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are gray

:D

NERF HERDER!

Archived