DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Toy and Minion

Derailment Thread Has Been Derailed

Because Suicide bunny is not even three-dimensional, and train wrecks are real.

Also, I don't see many pictures of train wrecks, so I can't pick a favorite.

And just thinking about train wrecks makes me think of people dying.

A downer, I know.

lol, now that would be some derailment...

5pts to Meesh for posting Thomas, I love Thomas the Tank engine... hehe

I don't think I've ever created 6 threads in one day.  Not all in one place.  But that may be something to try.  Thanks, Elli. ;D

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Another fairly major difference is that Hogwarts is 'just' a school, much like Beauxbatons, Durmstrang etc are 'just' schools. Wizarding kids go there to learn magic but when they graduate, they are no longer part of the school except as alumni. Like the same for us - high school becomes a fond memory for them. They leave school and they go out into the world and get jobs -  in shops or at the Ministry of Magic, etc. Hogwarts doesn't pay their way or direct their movements.   Also, the political / government seat of power aren't the schools themselves, it's the Ministry of Magic that is the government / power seat (in England, anyway - other countries have their own Magical governments).   The White Tower, on the other hand, is the political seat of power for Tar Valon and the Westlands. Girls go there to learn to channel, but once they 'graduate' to become Aes Sedai, they don't leave to get jobs elsewhere. They do go out into the world but all the work they do is always on behalf of the White Tower. The White Tower pays their salaries, etc. I suppose you could say that the White Tower trains them up, and then becomes their employer, while Hogwarts students have to go out into the world and gain employment elsewhere.   At the end of the day, Dumbledore is 'just' a principal - his position in the wizarding world is not equal to the Amyrlin Seat in Randland. The Minister for Magic's position IS equal to that of the Amyrlin Seat. Dumbledore is politically powerful, that's made fairly clear. Fudge and other Ministers have felt threatened by him, mostly because they know of the support Dumbledore would have from the wizarding community if he decided to overthrow the current Minister in order to take that position for himself. Also because the Ministers know he could do a better job of governing the Wizarding world. But he chooses not to; therefore, he is not as powerful as the White Tower's "Principal": the Amyrlin Seat.   As for the White Tower size vs Hogwarts size, according to wot.fandom, the White Tower is 600 feet or 183metres tall. I'm not sure, but I think Hogwarts at its highest peak might reach that, but as a whole, the building might be much shorter. More sprawling than tall. I think the White Tower must be larger overall though, because the novice quarters can hold 400 novices, and the Accepted quarters can hold 200 accepted. With seven more floors allocated to the seven ajahs, surely there's enough room for another five hundred Aes Sedai - though that figure could be closer to one thousand?? Don't know...   How many Hogwarts students are there at any given time? Five - six hundred? And only about twenty - thirty teachers... If that's anything to go by, then surely the White Tower is larger than Hogwarts...   Interesting topic, thanks for raising it 🙂     
    • Do we know who will compose music for series ? Ramin Djawadi did a wonderful job on GOT.