DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lie to Me - Fox - Monday 9/8c

Sirayn

Anyone else watch this show? I'm a big fan. The brash, borderline sociopathic protagonist Lightman is kind of House lite, except slightly less snarky, and I enjoy the show's great platonic love affair between Lightman and Foster.

The plotting is interestingly layered: I particularly enjoyed episode #2, "Moral Waiver", with its storyline about a possible rape by a commanding officer about to go into Afghanistan, and #9, "Life is Priceless", about the many (many) parties involved in a building collapse.

My favourite episode of all has to be #12, "Blinded", about a serial rapist, which is crazy creepy. I'm too scared to rewatch. Somebody hold me.

Anyone out there?

I watched the first two episodes last season.  I felt the show is based on a boring premise that would not capture the general publics attention for long so gave up on it.  I hate to say I was right and this show seems doomed to cancel this year. 

This week's episode was deliciously chewy. Something I love about Lie to Me is the way that they never take the easy, simple route. This story about statutory rape could have been predictably black-and-white, but they put a fascinating twist on it.

Also, James Marsters! :D

• 7 months later...

just an fyi, the new season is goign to be starting in June on Fox :)  probably takin gover the time slot for House, but i'm not sure on that.

i like the show enough to DVR it, but i can't see it lasting that much longer.

btw, the lead character in this played the boyfriend Diner gunmen in Pulp Fiction *grins*  thought that was an interesting tid bit.

Archived